Costco Prime Cuts 11.99/lb

akkord

Costco has their roadshow for USDA prime at the Spectrum location.  11.99/lb for prime bone in ribeyes.  They had NYs and shortribs too.  I know there are steak lovers here, wife and I picked up one to split, may go back for a couple more tomorrow.  We did some good damage tonight with some beers and roasted potatoes.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 419
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 396
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 372
Stater brothers has ribeye for $5.99/lb on sale. Qualit is not as consistent compared to Costco, so it pays to get to know the butcher who can help you get the better cuts.

I'm sure it did, but its cheaper than our old eating habits and we're trying to cut back on our splurging.  We ended up buying 2 more on Sunday, I'll weigh those bones for you when we eat them, future dinners in the freezer.

aquabliss said:
Can you weigh the bone in the last picture and report back.  I bet it cost you a buck or 2.

Is there a Stater Brothers in Irvine and do they sell Prime?  I know Albertson's occasionally has Choice meats on sale for <$5/lb and we normally pick up a bone in Ribroast to make prime rib or a couple of ribeyes. 

I've never seen prime cuts cheaper than 11.99/lb though. 

momopi said:
Stater brothers has ribeye for $5.99/lb on sale. Qualit is not as consistent compared to Costco, so it pays to get to know the butcher who can help you get the better cuts.

Mmmm, steaks.  That's funny, I looked at my freezer and still got some bone in rib eyes (choice, wished they were prime, and that's a great price).  Like rib eye first, porterhouse a close second, f mignon a distant third. 
Used to like Von's/pavilions, and now they are albertsons, they're not bad now, Ralph's decent too, never liked stater bros tho.  (Comparing choice, prime prices are rarely on sale).

I've seen prime at ~13/14 /lb at Ralphs before, but only certain Ralphs carry prime.  I've never actually been in a Stater Bros before. 

I'm a ribeye guy as well AW, not a fan of filets, even though some people love the bone in filet at Mastros.  If you've never had it, good to try at least once, but I swear by the Prime Rib at Mastros, they only have it on certain/random days, and you have to reserve a cut when you make your reservations or I guarantee they will be out by the time you sit and order.  Their horse radish is one of the best I've ever had.  Order medium rare "plus", comes with the bone in and they give it a quick sear due to the plus which makes it that much better.

I'm also a huge fan of skirt steak if done right. I've only had it a couple places that made it right. 

There's a Stater Brothers on Red Hill in Tustin: http://www.staterbros.com/weekly-ads/

I buy bone-ribeye from Stater Brothers, thin asparagus from Albertson's, lamb racks from Costco, and yakiniku at Japanese markets.  For Valentine's Day, Ralphs will sometimes have heart shaped steaks avail (talk to the butcher) and they look much better than the hacksaw job at Stater Brothers.

aquabliss said:
Can you weigh the bone in the last picture and report back.  I bet it cost you a buck or 2.

Wife and I split one we had in the freezer yesterday, but her scale was out of batteries and I couldn't find another 9volt.  We have 1 more in the freezer to weigh next time...and I really should buy some 9 volts in case a smoke detector battery goes.

jmoney74 said:
When do the road shows happen?

I can't speak for other Costcos in the area since I haven't been to another in a while, but I've actually seen the Spectrum Costco with prime bone-in ribeyes a couple of times we went not during the road show.  Maybe the road show went so well they plan on selling them normally.  But to answer the question, road shows are random, don't believe Costco announces anything ahead of time and different Costcos have different road shows on the same weekend.

They're def random, and road show pricing are the best.  My freezer had some choice steak almost same price as the prime at Costco.

Back