Your dream home

traceimage

If money were no object, where would you want to live, and what would your house be like? I would want to live in a gated community in Newport Beach (not Newport Coast, yuck). I'd like an older-style house, 80s or earlier, because I like the style better. About 2500 square feet would be ideal, with an ocean or city lights view. And I'd like a tropical-looking backyard with a pool. An infinity pool!

As long as we're at it, I would also like to own various vacation homes, including a high-rise apartment in NYC and some kind of vacation home in Europe.

If money were no object, a view home in the Turtles or a custom home in Shady (with 10-car garage even if I only have 2 cars).

If I were to venture outside my supersafesupereducationsuperbasketballpark bubble of Irvine, probably Newport Beach (even Newport Coast).

I'll take one villa in Italy too.

At this point in my life, having lived in both Newport Beach and Irvine, if $ were no object, I'd live in Irvine, probably Turtle Ridge or Quail Hill.  3,000 square feet, classic 1990s architecture ("O" shaped floorplan) with driveway wide enough to land small aircraft.  Actually, just drop patstar's new home in Quail Hill and that would be my dream house.   

If I hit jackpot and $$$ came pouring in, I would own 4 dream homes in three states: Georgia, Florida, and California.  a 5000 sq ft SFR in St Marlo Country Club in Atlanta, 3000 sq ft gated SFR in Windermere or Winter Park in Orlando, FL. 3000 sq ft SFR in Laguna Crossing in Irvine, and 4000 sq ft SFR in Carlsbad, San Diego.  We can dream big right ? :)

IrvinePilot said:
3,000 square feet, classic 1990s architecture ("O" shaped floorplan) with driveway wide enough to land small aircraft.  Actually, just drop patstar's new home in Quail Hill and that would be my dream house.   
Yeah... that would be good for me too... although I said Shady so I could get that subterranean garage.

In the 900 block of Bluebird Canyon in Laguna, across from the landslide, is a 14 acre parcel that was once a working Avocado grove. The current owners haven't touched the land for some time. They made a go at updating the home, but not much came of it. Would love to buy, re-build, and re-create the gentleman's farm there. Run to the beach for the day, come home and make some guacamole, livin' la vida loca!

I think the last sale of the property was in 30 some odd years ago for $1m.  Can't imagine what the land would go for today as it's likely slide prone as well.

My .02c

Soylent Green Is People.

OMG! I forgot... PatrickStar is already living in his Dream Home :) That is pretty nice dude!

Patrick Star said:
IrvinePilot said:
At this point in my life, having lived in both Newport Beach and Irvine, if $ were no object, I'd live in Irvine, probably Turtle Ridge or Quail Hill.  3,000 square feet, classic 1990s architecture ("O" shaped floorplan) with driveway wide enough to land small aircraft.  Actually, just drop patstar's new home in Quail Hill and that would be my dream house. 

You rang?  Sorry --- I was out back in the California Room and could not hear.

165205_1781247616057_1385450215_2009828_6793010_n.jpg

Panda said:
OMG! I forgot... PatrickStar is already living in his Dream Home :) That is pretty nice dude!

Patrick Star said:
IrvinePilot said:

If I had a 3cw garage, guard gated, single loaded street, view lot home, I?d live there for a very long time.  I?m sure patstar will live there long enough for  patstar jr.?s  future suitors will enjoy the view from the California room where patstar will show them his gun collection.

Patrick Star said:
IrvinePilot said:

Wow, look at that view.  If I could, I've move next door but that would result in a very long, brutal drive for me.  :(

I'd like to be able to jet between NY, CA, HI and Tokyo so I'd opt for a bigger home in Tokyo.  A beach front property in Kahala on Oahu and another one on Maui perhaps in Kihei.  A NY Park Avenue address, turn of the century brownstone converted co-op would be nice and sorry as long as we are dreaming I'd like a home in La Jolla or Carlsbad and a view lot in Irvine (Turtle Ridge would be nice)

Back