Notification emails?

IHO, I saw your message late last night. I'm looking into it and will let you know shortly.

I'm getting the notification emails now... but they are delayed like before.

That's not really a problem when I'm online as I hit refresh on TI every 1.78 seconds.

Yo, IHO. Well, I tested out thread-notification and get anywhere from 20 min. response time to 4+ hours (I still have not received my second one and it's been that long so far.) I have actually never subscribed to notification on this or any other forum to have a way to measure what is normal but I'll take your word that this must not be how it has functioned in the past. However, other types of notifications like when a new user signs up is also taking a little longer than it normally does.

The error log does not indicate any problems with notification e-mails being sent out. E-mails are getting out.

The only thing I can think of for right now is to verify the notification settings in your profile (IHO, I'm sure yours are most likely set correctly but for anyone else reading this) - you can go to: Profile > Modify Profile > Notifications. Look at the options. In the first box, "Instantly" should be selected to avoid delay. In the second box, make any selection except "Nothing at all". This determines what you want notifications of and how frequently.

The issue has been forwarded to the "IT Dept." and will keep continue to keep an eye out. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Notifications not working again, last one I got was Wed, Jan 19.

Maybe too many people are posting and we overloaded the TI SMTP servers... heh!

Back