3 inmates escape from Orange County jail

WTTCHMN

3 inmates, including one accused of murder, escape from Orange County jail

Jan. 23, 2016 Updated 8:41 a.m.

Authorities are searching for three inmates, including one accused of murder, who escaped from the Orange County Central Men's Jail in Santa Ana sometime on Friday.

Hossein Nayeri, 37, Jonathan Tieu, 20, and Bac Duong, 43, were last seen during the early morning hours on Friday, according to an Orange County Sheriff's Department alert released early Saturday.

It isn't immediately clear how or when the three escaped, but authorities said they were not located during a search of the Central Jail Complex and the nearby Civic Center area.

All three men were being held pending trial for violent crimes.

The most high-profile is Nayeri, who is one of four people accused of kidnapping and torturing a marijuana dispensary owner who authorities suspect they falsly believed had buried money in a desert.

Duong is facing an attempted murder charge, authorities said, while Tieu has been charged with murder.

Authorities are asking anyone with information about the men to contact the Orange County Sheriff's Department at 714-647-7000 or to submit anonymous tips to 855-847-6227 or at crimestoppers.org.

All the empty investment properties and VRBO/AIRBNB in Irvine might make a perfect place to hide. 

I'm not the least bit surprised at the more recent news that an ESL teacher was involved in this plot. I previously made a post on T.I. about me attending training and gaining security clearance at men's central jail -- the very same facility where all this happened. I wrote about how that jail warden warned us all how cunning and manipulative the inmates are, especially with us English tutors. It's hard to say whether she did this of her own free will or not. All I can say is better her than me! I have read comments online where people jump to conclusions and assume she "fell in love" with a bad boy and wanted to help him out. In my experience, it's just as likely that he threatened her by raising the stakes little-by-little over time, which is what we were warned about. For example, if you are the slightest bit leniant with them... let's say letting them use a regular pencil instead of a golf pencil. Then they'll say, "Bring me a burger. Come on. It's just a burger. If you don't do that, I'll tell the C.O. about the pencil and you'll get in trouble. Then you'll be the one behind bars." So, you bring it. First it was a pencil. Now it's a burger. Next week it's a Google aerial map and a cupcake with a nail file baked into it. It's a slippery slope. Especially when it goes from, "I'll tell the C.O." to "I'll have my homies on the outside kill your entire family."

SoCal said:
I'm not the least bit surprised at the more recent news that an ESL teacher was involved in this plot. I previously made a post on T.I. about me attending training and gaining security clearance at men's central jail -- the very same facility where all this happened. I wrote about how that jail warden warned us all how cunning and manipulative the inmates are, especially with us English tutors. It's hard to say whether she did this of her own free will or not. All I can say is better her than me! I have read comments online where people jump to conclusions and assume she "fell in love" with a bad boy and wanted to help him out. In my experience, it's just as likely that he threatened her by raising the stakes little-by-little over time, which is what we were warned about. For example, if you are the slightest bit leniant with them... let's say letting them use a regular pencil instead of a golf pencil. Then they'll say, "Bring me a burger. Come on. It's just a burger. If you don't do that, I'll tell the C.O. about the pencil and you'll get in trouble. Then you'll be the one behind bars." So, you bring it. First it was a pencil. Now it's a burger. Next week it's a Google aerial map and a cupcake with a nail file baked into it. It's a slippery slope. Especially when it goes from, "I'll tell the C.O." to "I'll have my homies on the outside kill your entire family."
I'd like to know why the ESL teacher was teaching someone who already spoke English (he was a US Marine veteran).

You think the old guy gave up their location?  Not going to be fun for him if he did.  Almost feel bad for him.

aquabliss said:
You think the old guy gave up their location?  Not going to be fun for him if he did.  Almost feel bad for him.

A male citizen flagged down the police at a Whole Foods parking lot in San Fran. Does that guy get the reward money? Lol

I think he should get the reward.  If he didn't take action they'd probably still be out there and who knows who might get hurt in a standoff, shootout, hostage situation, etc.

aquabliss said:
I think he should get the reward.  If he didn't take action they'd probably still be out there and who knows who might get hurt in a standoff, shootout, hostage situation, etc.

Come to think of it, maybe there should be 2 rewards. One for the San Fran guy, and another for the other guy in OC.

Back