Varenna by Tri Pointe Homes at Orchard Hills

ps99472

Came across this today from the city of Irvine website.  Looks like a new neighborhood in Orchard Hills by Tri Pointe.  Probably leaked by TLONL on his/her site long ago, but its new to me and want to share with the rest of the TI crew.  So here goes...

2 story single family homes on 3500 sq ft lots with floorplans ranging from 2476-2782 sq ft.  They looks like Mulberry/Rosemont/Larkspur type homes:  super wide homes with little to no yards (they requested for 5 ft rear setbacks for the plan 2 floorplans to add a downstairs bedroom).  Only 1 cul de sac street, and it backs the toll roads. 

Varenna_zpswyjb5nlv.jpg

Varenna1_zpsyjzciq0h.jpg

Varenna2_zps9fkhiass.jpg

Varenna3_zpsrrgmbokh.jpg

Varenna4_zpsulqbpwma.jpg

Varenna5_zpsxbnmzk1b.jpg

Varenna6_zpsrrdwhzo2.jpg

This is that Mulberry clone mentioned here at another thread.  And it's build by TRI Pointe home not IP, interesting.

Varenna looks very similar to Mulberry with same wide-shallow layout and 65'x55' lot.  And the plan 2 is similar to Mulberry 2 but with many significant differences over Mulberry's floor plan. I'm a little puzzled why IP give up building Mulberry II here and sold the lot to TRI Pointe instead.   

However, Varenna should be the lowest price entry at the gated side of OH. 

Wonder whether these will start sub million?

By the way visited Capella after a long time.  It is kind of a shock to see the houses in the middle of the tract that are jam packed.  I think the Builder would have had a better chance of selling these if the houses are not already built.  They should have phased the construction to start with the middle of the tract houses at low prices and then increased the prices of the houses that don't back to other houses.

Paris and others who bought in Capella that doesn't back to other houses will however be OK in the long run.

Irvine Dream said:

In your Irvine dream! :)

Sub one million would put them under $400/sq.ft which is unlikely especially it's in the gated side.  I would guess plan 1 asking close to $1.1 m. 

Irvine Dream said:

By the way visited Capella after a long time.  It is kind of a shock to see the houses in the middle of the tract that are jam packed.  I think the Builder would have had a better chance of selling these if the houses are not already built.  They should have phased the construction to start with the middle of the tract houses at low prices and then increased the prices of the houses that don't back to other houses.

Paris and others who bought in Capella that doesn't back to other houses will however be OK in the long run.

these are going to fail just like capella unless they price it aggressively.  Would any of you want to buy a house that is crammed next to other homes for low millions especially with higher HOAs???  isnt that basically why capella is failing now?

The upstairs loft for these look better too, some of the Capella feels like half a loft...

I actually really like Plan 2. These lots are tiny, yes. However, instead of having a 10' backyard across the entire property, it looks like even the smallest Plan 2 lots will have a 35'x25' outdoor space including the CA room. Similar square footage, but it's so much better than the long and skinny that Mulberry had. With the added flexspace/conservatory especially, those backyards are just pathetic. With these, you wont see brick wall out of every window.

It's a little tight downstairs in the great room, but that's just a little niggle. Sign me up for Plan 2!

shadax said:
I actually really like Plan 2. These lots are tiny, yes. However, instead of having a 10' backyard across the entire property, it looks like even the smallest Plan 2 lots will have a 35'x25' outdoor space including the CA room. Similar square footage, but it's so much better than the long and skinny that Mulberry had. With the added flexspace/conservatory especially, those backyards are just pathetic. With these, you wont see brick wall out of every window.

It's a little tight downstairs in the great room, but that's just a little niggle. Sign me up for Plan 2!
I also like Plan 2 eventhough the downstairs bedroom is likely staring at the wall.  If you get up there check out the views, awesome.  If a view lot is reasonably priced we might be neighbors ( if I can convince my wife the smaller house is OK and more than enough for us :'().

Plan 3 has 4 bed and 4.5 bath and a loft and an office?

Seems more efficient than Capella or Strada which didnt have an extra office.  Wonder how it will flow.

Back