Author Topic: Breaking lease with Irvine company  (Read 22806 times)

Offline IrvineHouseHunter

• Thanks
  • -Given: 1
  • -Received: 0
Re: Breaking lease with Irvine company
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2016, 12:27:07 PM »
I am going month to month as well.  Hoping to buy this year, but couldn't get a lease less than 12 month term...

Offline Fxguy

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 6
  • -Received: 3
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2016, 01:56:15 PM »
So I'm in this situation. My lease is until next July and I'm moving into my new home in December of this year. I'll have to break my lease and the home isn't built by IP. Am I stuck paying 2 months rent?

Offline Cornflakes

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2
  • -Received: 27
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2016, 01:23:44 PM »
Any reader on this board to share the experience of breaking lease and not paying 2 month rent as penalty? How long it took IAC to rent out your unit?

Offline Alana

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 1
  • -Received: 5
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2016, 02:43:49 PM »
We were in the same situation in July. IAC was able to rent it out in a week. It was rented around 3rd week of July. I think we got lucky - since school year starts during this time. 

Offline Compressed-Village

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 184
  • -Received: 131
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2016, 08:44:27 PM »
Any reader on this board to share the experience of breaking lease and not paying 2 month rent as penalty? How long it took IAC to rent out your unit?

Given the current tight rental market, if the renter give ample of notice to the owners, then I would market the house quickly and avoid the penalties to all parties . Of course this would be in the renter best interest to return the home in pristine condition and cooperate fully with the landlord. The home should rent out fairly quickly when all of the ducks lined up properly.

Offline jumpinjacks

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 35
  • -Received: 14
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2016, 04:29:44 PM »
We were in this situation 1.5 years ago when we bought and found our house in April and just had signed a 1 year lease a few months before in January, ouch (buying a house kind of crept up on us).

When we initially rented, there was a lease break few option of $4kish, around 2 months rent but when we renewed January 2015, we were told after that Irvine Company no longer does the lease break fee option. They only do rent responsible until the end of your term (at least when we renewed and was told).

So we moved out, they put it up on their website, but whose to say they won't steer people towards an actual unit they're not getting rent on (unlike ours where we were still paying)? And we couldn't "advertise" as that would be considered subleasing which is a no no. We had a good location and it took about 2 months once we moved out to rent, once people started moving around in the summer. We would literally call 1-2 times a week to see how the interest was......

Offline Fxguy

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 6
  • -Received: 3
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2016, 09:35:55 PM »
Update. We had two pay two months rent plus the last month.

We signed the contract so it's fair.

Offline eyephone

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 254
  • -Received: 537
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2016, 09:47:56 PM »
Update. We had two pay two months rent plus the last month.

We signed the contract so it's fair.

I'm not surprised

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Related Links

Recent Posts