Author Topic: The New IHOmobile  (Read 15447 times)

Offline nosuchreality

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 145
  • -Received: 528
Re: The New IHOmobile
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2021, 07:39:35 AM »
Not gonna lie... was very close to pulling the plug on the '21 Toyota Sienna... but the cost of the one I wanted was higher than a Tesla Y... or some other pure EVs I'm looking at.

So it's still EV or CyberTruck.

May be the last year for the Odyssey.  Already have the full EV for the commuting in town running car, but 250 mile limitation nerfs it for going anywhere out. 

I've seen the lines on Holiday and summer weekends in Blythe for the Tesla chargers, that's a no thank you at the moment too.  The Lone Pine stop on 395 is equally busy.  I've read plenty of trip reports were its clear if you arrive wrong, you're waiting 30-50 minutes before you can get to a charger and then charge 30-50 minutes.

Its getting close but still sounding a bit annoying charging on the road trip.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 07:49:20 AM by nosuchreality »

Online akkord

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 0
  • -Received: 117
« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2021, 07:43:09 AM »
Not gonna lie... was very close to pulling the plug on the '21 Toyota Sienna... but the cost of the one I wanted was higher than a Tesla Y... or some other pure EVs I'm looking at.

May be the last year for the Odyssey.  Already have the full EV for the commuting in town running car, but 250 mile limitation nerfs it for going anywhere out. 

I've seen the lines on Holiday and summer weekends in Blythe for the Tesla chargers, that's a no thank you at the moment too.  The Lone Pine stop on 395 is equally busy.  I've read plenty of trip reports were its clear if you arrive wrong, you're waiting 30-50 minutes before you can get to a charger and then charge 30-50 minutes.

For those with no gas cars, just rent one for longer road trips. 

Offline nosuchreality

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 145
  • -Received: 528
« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2021, 07:52:16 AM »

For those with no gas cars, just rent one for longer road trips. 

We will run out this year yet as we already know our work arrangements thru the fall continuing work from home.  So really no need for a 2nd car and the odyssey replacement is purely a road trip vehicle.

I've crunched the numbers for renting previously, it's better than depreciation, but compares to owning slightly older quickly.

Plus having road warriored it before, the number of times I've gotten a vehicle with issues is surpisingly high.  Annoying semi dangerous stuff stuff like the alignment being badly whacked, tire out of balance that starts at 70 mph, steering wheel play, etc.

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Recent Posts

Re: Dow? by morekaos
[Today at 07:54:56 AM]

Re: Toyota moving to Texas by morekaos
[Today at 07:41:45 AM]

Re: Where the market is - Buyer Offers by Cares
[Today at 07:27:52 AM]

Re: Apple New Products by aquabliss