Author Topic: Oil  (Read 39650 times)

Offline morekaos

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 677
  • -Received: 613
Re: Oil
« Reply #270 on: July 15, 2022, 02:33:58 PM »
Celebrating $5.59 a gallon gas?  Wow Joseph…wow!

Offline CalBears96

• Thanks
  • -Given: 43
  • -Received: 169
« Reply #271 on: July 15, 2022, 02:54:10 PM »
To what? $5.50?…that helps. ;D ;D >:D

Yeah down from $6.19 to $5.59 at the Tustin Ranch Costco.

Tustin Ranch Costco and Spectrum Costco are both $5.39 today. Eastvale Costco is $5.25.

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2802
  • -Received: 4115
  • 3CWG
« Reply #272 on: July 15, 2022, 03:14:11 PM »
@morekaos: I think you linked the wrong Jokoy video but that one is hilarious too.
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

Offline USCTrojanCPA

• Your CPA Realtor
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2974
  • -Received: 2316
« Reply #273 on: July 15, 2022, 07:37:39 PM »

Tustin Ranch Costco and Spectrum Costco are both $5.39 today. Eastvale Costco is $5.25.

Yeah, regular unleaded was $5.39...I have to put premium in my Macan.
Martin Mania, CPA
AgencyOne
CA DRE License # 01799007
CA CPA License # 107675
mmania001@yahoo.com
714-747-3884 cell

Often imitated....Never duplicated!
Have license, will travel!

Offline The California Court Company

• What's this?
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 416
  • -Received: 399
« Reply #274 on: July 15, 2022, 10:06:42 PM »
drove around Irvine all day because I don't care about burning gas, I really like the vibe of South of 405 (USC got a good neighborhood)..North Irvine is way too crowded. Columbus Square and Tustin Ranch are also nice area too.
"Should any Person come into contact with such fruit, soil or groundwater, such Person is advised to wash thoroughly with soap and water and seek immediate medical attention"-Augusta Disclosure, Tustin Legacy

"You'll probably be able to buy a 4BR detached home in Quail Hill for $150,000."-IndieDev

Offline Ready2Downsize

• Thanks
  • -Given: 16
  • -Received: 282
« Reply #275 on: July 16, 2022, 11:46:11 AM »

Yeah, regular unleaded was $5.39...I have to put premium in my Macan.

Good Lord! Price should fall quicker than that! $5.99 to $5.39 is 10% we've fallen to $4.39 from $5.49 which is 20% here. 60% of our refined oil comes from Cali. Must be all those taxes and fees holding up prices in Cali.

Gotta come back to Cali for a party in a week. Hoping to see under $5 by then!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2022, 12:23:12 PM by Ready2Downsize »

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
« Reply #276 on: August 01, 2022, 11:07:27 AM »
Wadda ya know…

Trump Was Right About Europe’s Dangerous Dependence On Russian Energy

Former President Donald Trump predicted this energy power struggle in September 2018 in his speech at the U.N. General Assembly.

“Germany will become totally dependent on Russian energy if it does not immediately change course. Here in the Western Hemisphere, we are committed to maintaining our independence from the encroachment of expansionist foreign powers,” Trump boasted.

Trump made similar remarks during a NATO summit earlier that same year. “Germany, as far as I’m concerned, is captive to Russia because it’s getting so much of its energy from Russia,” Trump told NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg. “We have to talk about the billions and billions of dollars that’s being paid to the country we’re

https://thefederalist.com/2022/07/22/trump-was-right-about-europes-dangerous-dependence-on-russian-energy/

Offline OCtoSV

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 97
  • -Received: 92
« Reply #277 on: August 01, 2022, 03:16:43 PM »
Wadda ya know…

Former President Donald Trump predicted this energy power struggle in September 2018 in his speech at the U.N. General Assembly.

“Germany will become totally dependent on Russian energy if it does not immediately change course. Here in the Western Hemisphere, we are committed to maintaining our independence from the encroachment of expansionist foreign powers,” Trump boasted.

Trump made similar remarks during a NATO summit earlier that same year. “Germany, as far as I’m concerned, is captive to Russia because it’s getting so much of its energy from Russia,” Trump told NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg. “We have to talk about the billions and billions of dollars that’s being paid to the country we’re

https://thefederalist.com/2022/07/22/trump-was-right-about-europes-dangerous-dependence-on-russian-energy/

Trump totally understood geopolitics and made many good decisions driven by that philosophy. Not sure I see anyone else in the GOP or Dem field that has as good of a grasp of " a deal driven mentality"

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • 3CWG
« Reply #278 on: August 01, 2022, 03:53:12 PM »
I like Trump for his foreign policy... especially with China... not so much with Russia.

His knowledge of election policy... however... was sorely lacking.
I recommend:

Offline nosuchreality

• Thanks
  • -Given: 158
  • -Received: 587
« Reply #279 on: August 02, 2022, 05:29:06 AM »
Wadda ya know…

Trump totally understood geopolitics and made many good decisions driven by that philosophy. Not sure I see anyone else in the GOP or Dem field that has as good of a grasp of " a deal driven mentality"

Trump is a sociopathic mob boss, that’s what makes him so effective with the totalitarian foreign powers.  It’s like looking in a mirror and everything is how does this give me leverage.

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
« Reply #280 on: August 04, 2022, 08:18:27 AM »
Like the law of gravity…you can’t repeal the laws of economics…unicorns and rainbows… ;D ;D >:D

‘Dirty ol’ coal’ is making a comeback and consumption is expected to return to 2013′s record levels

·         Coal prices are soaring and global coal consumption is expected to return to record levels reached almost 10 years ago as the global energy supply crunch continues.

·         While investors in coal stocks are having a field day thanks to high coal prices, curbs on carbon emissions are taking a backseat as markets and governments scramble to stock up on traditional energy supply amid bottlenecks caused by the Ukraine war, analysts say.

·         Worse, slowing investments in new coal-powered energy facilities have tightened the supply of coal even further, Shaw and Partners senior analyst Peter O’Connor told “Squawk Box Asia” on Friday.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/08/02/coal-consumption-is-expected-to-return-to-2013s-record-levels-iea.html

Offline OCtoSV

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 97
  • -Received: 92
« Reply #281 on: August 04, 2022, 04:30:05 PM »
Like the law of gravity…you can’t repeal the laws of economics…unicorns and rainbows… ;D ;D >:D

‘Dirty ol’ coal’ is making a comeback and consumption is expected to return to 2013′s record levels

·         Coal prices are soaring and global coal consumption is expected to return to record levels reached almost 10 years ago as the global energy supply crunch continues.

·         While investors in coal stocks are having a field day thanks to high coal prices, curbs on carbon emissions are taking a backseat as markets and governments scramble to stock up on traditional energy supply amid bottlenecks caused by the Ukraine war, analysts say.

·         Worse, slowing investments in new coal-powered energy facilities have tightened the supply of coal even further, Shaw and Partners senior analyst Peter O’Connor told “Squawk Box Asia” on Friday.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/08/02/coal-consumption-is-expected-to-return-to-2013s-record-levels-iea.html
It's helping a lot of poor foreign coal workers in places like Colombia - happy for them

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • 3CWG
« Reply #282 on: August 17, 2022, 02:49:12 PM »
I'm doing a morekaos:

https://www.theonion.com/americans-explain-why-they-prefer-gas-over-electric-car-1849184638

Some of those slides are hilarious... I think morekaos is in one of them.
I recommend:

Offline nosuchreality

• Thanks
  • -Given: 158
  • -Received: 587
« Reply #283 on: August 17, 2022, 06:36:34 PM »
Oh please, with every Tom, Dick, and Harry installing solar, do you really have any idea where those electrons have been?

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
« Reply #284 on: August 17, 2022, 08:00:20 PM »
Unicorns and rainbows ;D ;D >:D

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters