Hot Tub

ps99472

Picked up a cheap hot tub from target on cyber monday reccently.  With red card, cyber monday discount, cash back, came out to a little over $250 shipped.  Never owned one of these nor a pool.  What do you guys recommend for keeping the tub clean? 

Gonna pick up some Miller High Life and 1984 here I come!

b9288b73-e929-406c-b63c-a448190fa993._CB324101929__SR300,300_.jpg

I have one of these!  The time machine accessory costs $50 more, but only takes you back to 1999.....totally not worth it.

zubs said:
I have one of these!  The time machine accessory costs $50 more, but only takes you back to 1999.....totally not worth it.
$50 is totally worth it to go back to 1999. Irvine real estate was so cheap back then.

irvinehomeowner said:
zubs said:
$50 is totally worth it to go back to 1999. Irvine real estate was so cheap back then.

Would your 1999 self believe you?

Maybe if you had a dash cam?  ::)

nosuchreality said:
irvinehomeowner said:
zubs said:
Yes. 1996 was actually better (those were both years when we bought).

I didn't do well later as we bought during the mid-2000s peak and then again in the early 2010s peak.

#TimingIsForSuckers

irvinehomeowner said:
nosuchreality said:
irvinehomeowner said:
zubs said:

I didn't do well later as we bought during the mid-2000s peak and then again in the early 2010s peak.

#TimingIsForSuckers
Was their an early 2010's peak?  05 makes sense, but 2010 was probably just not quite at the bottom, however, still solid deals (even the subsequent run-up until you got more into late 2013).  Even than if you bought then I'd presume market value is still up (with some more up depending on the pocket) and you are still well below 05 bubble pricing. This is all assuming another bubble isn't around the corner and while the market is soft, i don't think their is a pending bubble. Times are much different. That said, I do think we are going to be in a run with slight declines to very slow growth as affordability catches back up with marketplace (in addition to any impacts from the eventual rising rates). 

We bought in 2010.  Pricing was okay, selection was bad, competition to buy was off the charts.  You'd hit an open house and there'd be a line to get in and the kitchen counter would have 90 RE agent cards on it from people walking their client through.

Buying a short sale was best described by Nikki Sixx's description of getting a music deal in the 80s in LA:  Swimming a length of an Olympic pool of flaming sewage to crawl through a field of broken glass. Don't want to do that, no problem, there's 30 guys diving in right behind you.

irvinehomeowner said:

God, you're old! I was still in high school in 1996. Sometimes I think I'm too old to hang out with the young 'uns on T.I. Then I read your posts and I feel a little better about myself.  :p What year did you buy your first house ever? Let me guess -- Sometime in the 80's??!

SoCal said:
irvinehomeowner said:

God, you're old! I was still in high school in 1996. Sometimes I think I'm too old to hang out with the young 'uns on T.I. Then I read your posts and I feel a little better about myself.  :p What year did you buy your first house ever? Let me guess -- Sometime in the 80's??!

Just because he's the original owner of the vintage furnishings in his home doesn't make him old.

Back