Author Topic: Dow?  (Read 493322 times)

Offline morekaos

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 539
  • -Received: 508
Re: Dow?
« Reply #1620 on: January 09, 2021, 07:32:57 PM »
Not before we see at least one 10%+ pullback... I think sooner rather than later.  DJII 31,097
« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 11:35:33 AM by morekaos »

Offline daedalus

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 238
  • -Received: 262
« Reply #1621 on: January 09, 2021, 09:49:23 PM »
My spidey senses are saying the same thing.  I thought I would buy some puts on TSLA on Friday.  Stock near $900, I figure I would get some $600 puts for mere pennies.  They were going for $4!  Too rich for me, though I suspect I'll regret it.  Lots of people expecting it to crash.  So far a losing trade, but I bet Michael Burry comes out OK in the end.

Offline sleepy5136

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 3
  • -Received: 25
« Reply #1622 on: February 09, 2021, 08:30:39 PM »
Not before we see at least one 10%+ pullback... I think sooner rather than later.

With interest rates at 0%, I'm not sure when we will get a correction. Especially when the stocks that had massive gains are surpassing WS expectations and guiding higher too.

Offline USCTrojanCPA

• Your CPA Realtor
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2559
  • -Received: 2033
« Reply #1623 on: February 09, 2021, 10:21:27 PM »
Not before we see at least one 10%+ pullback... I think sooner rather than later.

With interest rates at 0%, I'm not sure when we will get a correction. Especially when the stocks that had massive gains are surpassing WS expectations and guiding higher too.

We'll have occasional pullbacks here and there to shake out the weak longs but as long as the FED has the full pedal to the metal on the printing press it's onward and upward.
Martin Mania, CPA
AgencyOne
CA BRE License # 01799007
CA CPA License # 107675
mmania001@yahoo.com
714-747-3884 cell

Often imitated....Never duplicated!

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
« Reply #1624 on: February 10, 2021, 10:14:07 AM »
The level of media induced speculation going on has to shake out....think there is downside risk here that the public does not sense but pro's see it clearly.  Have a buddy who is an everyday guy (a boat mechanic) who has been trading micro-cap chat room stocks and jumped up $100,000 yesterday.  He was panicked and did not know what to do (pump and dump). I made him sell every share and it collapsed.  That type of spec is going on all over the place, this never ends well.

Robinhood sued by family of 20-year-old trader who killed himself after believing he racked up huge losses

Robinhood was sued Monday for wrongful death by the family of Alex Kearns, a 20-year-old customer who took his life last summer.
Kearns committed suicide in June after thinking he had a negative $730,165 cash balance on Robinhood.
Robinhood's "reckless conduct directly and proximately caused the death of one of its victims," the complaint said.
The suit says that Kearns made three attempts to contact Robinhood customer service regarding the massive underwater balance. However, his messages were met with automated replies, according to the complaint.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/personalfinance/robinhood-sued-by-family-of-20-year-old-trader-who-killed-himself-after-believing-he-racked-up-huge-losses/ar-BB1dvE2m?ocid=uxbndlbing

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
  • -Given: 489
  • -Received: 767
« Reply #1625 on: February 10, 2021, 10:31:25 AM »
If people want to trade let them.

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
« Reply #1626 on: February 10, 2021, 10:54:40 AM »
I am not trying to say don't let them..only that most will get schooled in the end.  Happens every time.

Offline Irvinecommuter

• Thanks
  • -Given: 614
  • -Received: 571
« Reply #1627 on: February 10, 2021, 10:55:38 AM »
Bringing back the IHB motto:  Trying to catch those falling knives.

Offline sleepy5136

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 3
  • -Received: 25
« Reply #1628 on: February 12, 2021, 01:44:51 AM »
The level of media induced speculation going on has to shake out....think there is downside risk here that the public does not sense but pro's see it clearly.  Have a buddy who is an everyday guy (a boat mechanic) who has been trading micro-cap chat room stocks and jumped up $100,000 yesterday.  He was panicked and did not know what to do (pump and dump). I made him sell every share and it collapsed.  That type of spec is going on all over the place, this never ends well.

Robinhood sued by family of 20-year-old trader who killed himself after believing he racked up huge losses

Robinhood was sued Monday for wrongful death by the family of Alex Kearns, a 20-year-old customer who took his life last summer.
Kearns committed suicide in June after thinking he had a negative $730,165 cash balance on Robinhood.
Robinhood's "reckless conduct directly and proximately caused the death of one of its victims," the complaint said.
The suit says that Kearns made three attempts to contact Robinhood customer service regarding the massive underwater balance. However, his messages were met with automated replies, according to the complaint.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/personalfinance/robinhood-sued-by-family-of-20-year-old-trader-who-killed-himself-after-believing-he-racked-up-huge-losses/ar-BB1dvE2m?ocid=uxbndlbing

I wouldn’t let the 10-13 stocks like GME/AMC to say the market is high. In the end, interest rates at 0% and earnings being surpassed will justify the higher valuations. The tech names are nowhere near dot com levels as well.

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
« Reply #1629 on: April 21, 2021, 07:54:56 AM »
Have fun buying useless, doomed, today’s “shiny object” SPAC’s. Sheep get slaughtered. ;D ;D ;D >:D

This party is ending....

SPAC transactions come to a halt amid SEC crackdown, cooling retail investor interest

After a record of 109 new SPAC deals in March alone, issuance has now come to almost a standstill with just 10 SPACs in April, according to data from SPAC Research.
The SEC issued accounting guidance that would classify SPAC warrants as liabilities instead of equity instruments.
Bank of America’s client flows showed that retail SPAC buying slowed down significantly.
The proprietary CNBC SPAC Post Deal Index has wiped out 2021 gains and fallen more than 20% year-to-date.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/21/spac-transactions-come-to-a-halt-amid-sec-crackdown-cooling-retail-investor-interest.html

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal