The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline morekaos

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 200
  • -Received: 204
Re: Dow?
« Reply #1081 on: April 04, 2018, 12:19:42 PM »
I want every gun we have to fire on that market....

« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 08:01:07 AM by morekaos »

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
« Reply #1082 on: April 05, 2018, 09:31:35 AM »

Offline fortune11

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 103
  • -Received: 130
« Reply #1083 on: April 06, 2018, 09:34:47 AM »
Do we get any supply of video clips on the days the Dow sells off   ?   

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
« Reply #1084 on: April 06, 2018, 10:08:42 AM »

Offline nosuchreality

• Thanks
  • -Given: 90
  • -Received: 319
« Reply #1085 on: April 06, 2018, 10:40:53 AM »
The Dow is off just under 400 points.  OMG!  As a percentage its less than 2% and historically is daily trading range.

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
« Reply #1086 on: April 06, 2018, 10:48:22 AM »
I know but its fun to watch all the hysteria and flaming heads freak out.  It's a job perk.

Offline fortune11

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 103
  • -Received: 130
« Reply #1087 on: April 06, 2018, 10:58:13 AM »
The Dow is off just under 400 points.  OMG!  As a percentage its less than 2% and historically is daily trading range.

That's exactly my point ... so if the market is up less than 2% on a given day , no need to be cheer leading either !

People with political blinders on will still deny that market is down 9% from its peak in January when everyone was high fiving each other on success of Trump tax cuts  : )

That being said, bullish channel is still intact despite today's selloff . We are still hovering above 200-day S&P moving average of 2593 , but only barely so .  I guess everyone is waiting for a Kudlow appearance on CNBC but may not happen this time ...

Kudlow just learned of Trump’s latest tariffs move last night

04/06/2018 12:59 PM EDT

National Economic Council Director Larry Kudlow appears to have been blindsided by President Donald Trump’s threat to impose an additional $100 billion in tariffs on Chinese imports.

Asked by reporters Friday when he first learned of the president’s decision to instruct his top trade official to consider the new tariffs, Kudlow took a lengthy pause before responding: “Last evening.” The White House statement announcing the move went out shortly after 6:30 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time on Thursday.

The former CNBC contributor and Reagan administration official has spent the past few days as a self-described “happy warrior” for Trump, who on Tuesday announced plans to hike tariffs by 25 percent on Chinese manufacturing imports and other products worth around $50 billion.

In a counterpunch on Wednesday, Chinese President Xi Jinping’s commerce department announced plans to level $50 billion in retaliatory tariffs on 106 imported American goods including aircraft, cars, chemicals and soybeans.

Kudlow, who early last month penned an op-ed warning against steep tariffs, has aggressively defended the president’s proposals to cable news anchors and gaggles of reporters outside the White House, attempting to calm markets and placate conservatives turned off by the seemingly anti-free trade maneuvers.

“This is not a trade war,” Kudlow said Friday. “This process, it may include tariffs at the end of the day. It may also not. It may be solved by negotiation.”

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
« Reply #1088 on: May 15, 2018, 09:31:35 PM »
OH Puleeeeze! The Dow is down 3% year to date.  This is a big boy game. If you don't have the pants to play, you shouldn't try and wear them.

I sold in early January...I guess you thought we were going higher in the new paradigm, but I'm sure deep down inside you knew it was too good to be true. Too many issues surrounding stocks for it to go higher...Libor blowing out, rising rates, facebook stock headed into the toilet.

Not at all. I have been running money for longer than some of you have been alive. Heard its over in 1987 after the crash, 1992 as the Savings and Loan financial market crash, the 3% rise of interest rates in 1994, the 1995 Commercial and residential real estate crash, the 1997 Long Term Capital collapse and the eventual total collapse of ALL world currencies, the 2000-2002 dot-com, 9/11 crash, the second 2005 real estate and mortgage banking collapse. I've seen it all.  Many managers today have NEVER experienced a rising rate cycle.  I have.  It is never different this time.  These markets will move higher by the end of this year, there is little that will stop the cycle. We will be fine....again.

Been saying this about inexperienced managers for around 2 years now...might be why the rate markets have been sluggish to react to the strong economic news, they have never had to.

Rising rates could be problematic because the typical money manager working today has never dealt with them before

The U.S. 10-year Treasury note yield rose to its highest level since 2011.
The median tenure of an active equity manager is eight years, according to Fundstrat, citing figures gathered from Morningstar.
"There are a lot of people that haven't been through many things in this youthful industry," notes Timothy Parton, a portfolio manager at J.P. Morgan.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/15/us-rates-surge-and-most-portfolio-managers-dont-know-what-to-do.html

Offline aquabliss

• Thanks
  • -Given: 157
  • -Received: 629
« Reply #1089 on: June 07, 2018, 01:05:46 AM »
Lately all the financial websites are saying market is overvalued, crash is eminent, 30% drop is near... makes me feel a lot more comfortable about doubling down on my investments, all time highs for Dow and S&P may come sooner than I thought.

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Related Links

Recent Posts

Re: Midterm Elections by fortune11
[Yesterday at 06:20:30 PM]

Re: Great Park District 1 West by USCTrojanCPA
[Yesterday at 06:15:19 PM]

Re: Listing homes with Redfin by USCTrojanCPA
[Yesterday at 06:12:43 PM]