Author Topic: Dow?  (Read 605756 times)

Offline qwerty

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2783
  • -Received: 1859
Re: Dow?
« Reply #1815 on: August 04, 2022, 09:17:49 PM »
I have always thought that recessions are somewhat self fulfilling prophecies as well. Like you said, the headlines put in everyone’s head and before you know it companies slow hiring and cut spending and/or do layoffs and that validates the consumers view that a recession is coming and then low and behold we are in a recession.

Offline Ready2Downsize

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 15
  • -Received: 269
« Reply #1816 on: August 05, 2022, 08:21:14 AM »
I have always thought that recessions are somewhat self fulfilling prophecies as well. Like you said, the headlines put in everyone’s head and before you know it companies slow hiring and cut spending and/or do layoffs and that validates the consumers view that a recession is coming and then low and behold we are in a recession.

My daughter is NOT getting laid off and neither is her hubby. They can't even find enough certified teachers so they had to allow teachers going to school to be hired. Still...... she had my other two daughters are absolutely positive a recession is coming and they have to not spend NOW because of it. They graduated from college right after the last recession.

Going to keep my eye on Nkla. Even though I was warned by black knight they are a scam company (they got rid of the problem person long ago). Just delivered 48 semi EVs this quarter. They were constrained on getting more out because of a battery supply issue. On a pull back, I might buy this one as a longer term play.

Offline sleepy5136

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 7
  • -Received: 56
« Reply #1817 on: August 05, 2022, 09:30:19 AM »
based on the economic definition of a recession, we are already in one last quarter :)

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal