Holiday Cooking & Baking

socal78

What are your guys' menu plans coming up? This could be the least popular thread on TI since so many here now have come directly from overseas. I thought about making reservations at The Queen Mary. However, I decided to cook Thanksgiving dinner at home instead. Might do The Queen Mary buffet for Christmas. I say that every year.

I like testing things out ahead of time. Soon, I'll be making some sort of Filipino Christmas dessert called Bibingka, although a slightly Americanized version of it. I've never had it or even seen it. Not sure what it's supposed to be like. I hope it has a positive outcome.

The best turkey I've come across so far is super simple. The Jennie-O Oven Roasted boneless, skinless turkey breasts. They are pre-seasoned and come out perfect every time! For turkey, that is a rarity. It's a fantastic product. Apparently, they also offer a whole turkey.

So my wife texted family if they want to come over they have to be vaccinated and take a otc covid test.

If it was up to me. I was leaning towards canceling it.

Triple shot minimum. Negative PCR the day before. Rapid Antigen twice a day. Wear masks in doors. 6 ft apart when eating. Gloves and face shield too

eyephone said:
So my wife texted family if they want to come over they have to be vaccinated and take a otc covid test.

If it was up to me. I was leaning towards canceling it.

Man it must suck to live in fear?especially of your relatives.  We just hosted the boat parade down on our dock, must?ve been 50 people there?some I knew some I didn?t?no masks. My 90-year-old mother attended with about 10 of my nephews and nieces. 50,000 or more on land, saw very few masks.  We will have family and friends over for Christmas dinner, no one will ask any questions, we will just enjoy each other for the holidays.

I also forgot. Better bring your own oxygen tank and scuba diving mask in case someone wears masks improperly.

morekaos said:
Man it must suck to live in fear?especially of your relatives.  We just hosted the boat parade down on our dock, must?ve been 50 people there?some I knew some I didn?t?no masks. My 90-year-old mother attended with about 10 of my nephews and nieces. 50,000 or more on land, saw very few masks.  We will have family and friends over for Christmas dinner, no one will ask any questions, we will just enjoy each other for the holidays.

Back