Anyone have the Fitbit, and if so, do you recommend it?

Laguna21

Looking into getting a Fitbit, and wanted opinions? Do you love it, and if so, what model do you recommend?

Laguna21 said:
Looking into getting a Fitbit, and wanted opinions? Do you love it, and if so, what model do you recommend?

I have one.  What are your fitness goals? 

If you are looking for maximum fat loss or cardiovascular health, I recommend just getting a garmin heart monitor. 

For running and just leisure fitness, the fitbit would do the trick.

Homer_Simpson said:
Laguna21 said:

I have one.  What are your fitness goals? 

If you are looking for maximum fat loss or cardiovascular health, I recommend just getting a garmin heart monitor. 

For running and just leisure fitness, the fitbit would do the trick.

Mainly for running, and keeping track of heart rate, as well as cardio and fat loss would be a bonus.

Question is, is the most expensive Fitbit worth the added cost, and what additional benefits does it have?

I have one and love it. I opted for the HR version. Really interesting to track your resting HR, sleep patterns, and daily activity.

It's gotten me to recognize that sitting at the computer and on the phone for 4 hours at a time setting up advertising, making appointments, and following up with leads is not at all healthy.

Trying to break things up a bit more and get my 10,000 steps in every day.

Highly recommend.

-IrvineRealtor

I saw a shop on Etsy which sells bracelets that are actually Fitbit covers. Clever. If anyone wants the link as a gift idea, let me know and I'll see if I can find it again.

I wore a flex for over a year. I really liked it but ran into two issues:

1) bracelets kept tearing every 6 months or so. required expensive original replacements. I prefer not to use replicas because who knows what it may be made of and it touches your skin all day.

2) the charger got worse and worse. kept having to clean the contacts. Eventually my fitbit just died after 1.5 years of everyday use.

I'd like to get another one but I definitely don't want to pay another $100 for it.

Back