3 High Painting Durability

davenlei

Who on this site has used James Kim (3 High Painting) at least 3 years ago to paint the outside of their house?  Did the paint last or did it start fading/peeling, etc?

He quoted me a decent price and I am planning to go with him but wanted to know if the paint job lasts. 

I have seen houses (for clarity, NOT done by 3 High Painting) where just 3-4 years after painting, the paint fades, etc. because the painters reap some of the profit by adding in too much water to the paint when spraying which 'thins' it out.

I can vouch 3 High's paint job, both James and his workers did good job on my old place about 1.5 years ago. 

Only thing they paint outside is the lattice patio cover, not the exterior wall.  So far it's still good.

I haven't used them.  But I think it really depends on the paint you get.  Also I painted the exterior house about 3 years ago.  We added "paint booster" to our paint which repels water, so that when it rains, the house doesn't look like it got soaked.  It was an additional $200. Or so.  But I thought it was worth it, in comparison to other homes after the rain.

We've used James/3High for multiple homes... one was exterior and it was 4 years before we sold and it was fine.

They use Dunn Edwards or whatever you want. I don't think they thin paint, I've read posters mention this a few times but most exterior paints are not water based so how can that be?

irvinehomeowner said:
We've used James/3High for multiple homes... one was exterior and it was 4 years before we sold and it was fine.

They use Dunn Edwards or whatever you want. I don't think they thin paint, I've read posters mention this a few times but most exterior paints are not water based so how can that be?

That is good to hear.  Our association requires Dunn Edwards paint to be used so not too worried about that. 

I read somewhere that in California most paints used for residential (interior and exterior) are required to be water based due to the Vox? rating for air quality when the paint dries or something like that. 

Back