$11.29 for a Carl's Jr. Combo?!

woodburyowner

I stopped by the Woodbury Carl's Jr. (haven't been in years) and couldn't believe the crazy prices.  The mushroom swiss all natural burger combo meal was $11.29!!  Wouldn't it be cheaper at Red Robin or another sit down burger joint? 

Fast foot is no longer as budget minded as before. Even mcdonalds can get you into the $10+ easily.

They have to make a profit. They are not in business to loose money or break even. (Start ups/companies backed by private equity/and other situations are exceptions)

Well, isn't it the only fast food burger place in the vicinity?  It's all about supply and demand.  Same holds true for that Chevron station. 

ukuoy said:
And the Chevron next to it is pricey too

That Chevron probably has the most expensive gas in OC. 

TIC must charging them quite a bit of money for the rent. 

bones said:
lnc said:
ukuoy said:

Yet it's always packed!

It's just convenience factor..but I don't think it's packed in comparison to any Costco gas line or even the AM/PM on Jeffries.  Gas stations actually make very little margin on their gas...they make most of their money on non-gas items like convenience stores and food sales.

a large Big Mac combo is over $8, this is a large natural piece of meat, so price makes sense. For the ladies of TI I can provide a large piece of natural meat for free :)

qwerty said:
a large Big Mac combo is over $8, this is a large natural piece of meat, so price makes sense. For the ladies of TI I can provide a large piece of natural meat for free :)
why only ladies :(

qwerty said:

The big mac is structured in a way so that you get two separate pieces of meat in your mouth at the same time. 

Nothing.  They'll just be replaced with kiosks.  No payroll, taxes, benefits to worry about.

There's this restaurant in China with robots serving food. Still not too sophisticated as it goes along a magnetic track but it has sensors too not run over patrons.

Wait until that becomes mainstream.

#helloskynet

riznick said:
qwerty said:

The big mac is structured in a way so that you get two separate pieces of meat in your mouth at the same time. 

Very well said :)

ukuoy said:
qwerty said:
why only ladies :(

Hands off, dude. He's ours.

~ Ladies of T.I.

lnc said:
ukuoy said:

I used to blindly fill up at that Chevron because it was close to my home. But holy crap. It's almost always at least 25 cents/gallon more than anywhere else. In the past year, I don't think I've filled up at that station. I've read that gas stations that charge more are usually located right off the freeways; not this one!

NYT said:
lnc said:
ukuoy said:

I used to blindly fill up at that Chevron because it was close to my home. But holy crap. It's almost always at least 25 cents/gallon more than anywhere else. In the past year, I don't think I've filled up at that station. I've read that gas stations that charge more are usually located right off the freeways; not this one!

I just fuel up 1/4 tank just so I have enough gas to get to Costco gas.

Back