New home company: 40 homes 3800-4200sqft gated in Orange

"Homer was one of several residents who spoke at the meeting with concerns. Some had issues with the design, such as the gates, while others expressed worry that the property would cause traffic issues nearby."

Some residents are concerned that 40 new homes would impact traffic?! 

Wow. They bought a 16 acre property in Orange for 2.75 mil last year... what a steal. Curious to see how well these sell, but regardless they should enjoy some pretty nice margins.

Agreed. At roughly $69k per lot cost, even with infrastructure expenses, these are going to be some very fat margin properties.

This would be great for those that want to live in Orange, but don't want to deal with a fixer upper, since most of the homes there require work. Will be interesting to see! Especially a fan of the New Home Company.

Marywood Hills
These 40 homes are about to have their open house.  They just pre-registered interested parties to preview and reserve lots.

Will be interesting to see how many people are willing to shell out the big bucks for a new house in that school district. Maybe if the houses and lots have a wow factor that you can't get in Irvine or South County, or trade at enough of a discount compared to a comparable property in a better school district. Or maybe the buyers will be mostly empty nesters who want a view and large homes for entertaining? (and don't care about schools)

Villa Park houses are beautiful with huge lots and many gorgeous custom homes, but there's a lot of renovation/maintenance needed by now, and I think Orange Unified School District is on the decline overall (IMHO).

I have multiple friends who live in Orange Hills or Villa Park, and they all send their kids to private school.

So you'd probably want to factor that into your overall budget if you buy here.

The views on these homes are crazy good, but like Irvine, they built 2 car garages with a tandem for #3.

Villa Park HS doesn't have enough kids and so their ratings keeps dropping as they pull from the poorer side of Orange.

irvinehomeowner said:
I thought there was some highly sought after Charter school in Orange... where is IHS?

Orange County school of the arts? That?s in Santa Ana.

Most people look outside of OUSD especially on the west side of the city. The school district is trying to create magnet programs to encourage parents to send their children to the western area city schools.

irvinehomeowner said:
I thought there was some highly sought after Charter school in Orange... where is IHS?

No Charter school exists in Orange with a track record to top colleges. Troy is a regular school but also accepts students based on merit from outside of the district. OCHA has done well the last few years with one student being accepted at all 8 ivies and many more attending the top colleges. However this charter school focuses on humanities and arts shunned by most Asian parents. Oxford Academy is out of the limelight since API score index went away and has not been in the news lately.

Stopped by, while the views are good the location is not, it?s like this little pocket of niceness in the middle of a not so nice area.

Layout of Plan 1 and 3 are good (though downstairs master in 1 not so much).  Prices are pretty crazy, about 1.6M for 3,500 sq ft with an awful view out back of a 1960?s home with a cheap waterslide. 

View lots are around $2.1M+ and probably another $200k for landscaping.  Way overpriced.  Didn?t see any sold stickers on the flyers of the site map but didn?t go in the sales office to check for pins either.

Initially this project was going to be 1.2 to 1.8 million.  That was a year ago.  I guess they figured adding another 300,000 is do able.
The view lot premium is $500,000 and goes down from there.

One thing I asked them was regarding the old church cafeteria sliding down the hill.  The sales guy assured me they had a 10 year warranty for that...hehe..10 years.

I almost laughed in his face, but then I was eating all the nice food and drinks, so I bit my tongue.

I forgot to mention....association $404/month, however no mello like all NHC properties.

Back