Petaluma at Eastwood

MYOB

Irvine Pacific (fee-built by The New Home Company)
106 in Phase I of Eastwood, 168 in Phase II of Eastwood
1,684 to 1,898 square feet
3 Bedrooms, 2.5 to 3 Bathrooms
Opening 2016 (Model Construction Begins Now)

These are similar to Jasmine with upper balconies, new exteriors, etc.

mr7ed1.jpg

LiteThru said:
Any idea about the price level?

who knows, but just the thought of not being able to move in until next Christmas makes me sad panda. Eastwood is a distant dream.

Did some digging, looks like Petaluma is the project VTTM 17851 in the document.
http://www.irvinequickrecords.com/s...o2t2mg3ouykq14o/1632080010312015054953361.PDF

Here's short summary of info obtain from the document above.  Looks like IP puts Jasmine in the mortorcourt setup.

- It's detached condo, motorcourt home setup with 3 to 6 units per lot.
- Most of the lot are 6 units motorcourt and there's 2 lot with only a single unit on them.
- 3 floor plans and all floor plans are two stories with 3 bedroom and 2.5 - 3 bath.
- Alternative 5 feet rear yard setback has been proposed for homes with optional outdoor room in some lots.
- Administrative Relief for wall height, increase allowed max. wall height of 6 feet to 7'8"- 8'8" in order to increase privacy at backyard.

Attachments

• Eastwood Village doc p15.jpg
    Eastwood Village doc p15.jpg
    519 KB · Views: 630
  • Petaluma lot map 2.jpg
    Petaluma lot map 2.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 806
While comparing Jasmine and Petaluma's floor plan, I notice one significant improvement in Petaluma's floor plan over Jasmin's. We have a discussion here about how useless the conservatory is and in Petaluma, there's no optional conservatory and instead an optional expanded dinning area.  I like this expanded dinning option way better than the conservatory and I think a lot of you will agree with me.

Take a look at the pic below that compare Jasmine plan 3 with conservatory vs Petaluma plan 3.

Attachments

• Petaluma vs Jasmin plan 3.jpg
    Petaluma vs Jasmin plan 3.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 2,266
Also some improvement noted on Petaluma plan 3's 2nd floor over Jasmin's.  The expanded dinning area on the first floor also expands some some space for the 2nd floor and allows Petaluma to add a small tech space. 

As I recall in both Jasmine and San Mateo, the plan 3 is the most popular floor plan.  With optional expanded dinning area and tech space on the 2nd floor,  that's pretty significant improvement on the Petaluma plan 3 over its predecessors. 

Attachments

• Petaluma 3 2nd floor.jpg
    Petaluma 3 2nd floor.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 592
I am not sure if the second floor tech space is an improvement,  The second bath is now further away from the bedrooms, kind of feel yucky to have  to go past the tech space to the toilet

lnc said:
While comparing Jasmine and Petaluma's floor plan, I notice one significant improvement in Petaluma's floor plan over Jasmin's. We have a discussion here about how useless the conservatory is and in Petaluma, there's no optional conservatory and instead an optional expanded dinning area.  I like this expanded dinning option way better than the conservatory and I think a lot of you will agree with me.

Take a look at the pic below that compare Jasmine plan 3 with conservatory vs Petaluma plan 3.

Expanded dining?  Why not just give people a correctly sized dining room to begin with?  I don't understand why "basics" should be upgrades.

I disagree, because the Conservatory is not useless from my point of view.  It's an open space that we'll be using as my child's play area during the day.  It can also be a place to put an air mattress for visitors.  It's a great place to set up a Christmas tree when the time comes.  And my husband will be using it some evenings to host poker night (collapsible table).  A flex space that can be used for whatever is needed is extremely useful in my opinion.  An expanded dining room does not allow for any of those things.

lnc said:

OP, you mentioned 106 in Phase I of Eastwood, and 168 in Phase II of Eastwood.

By phase I, i'm assuming that includes the whole Petaluma area near irvine blvd.
Where is phase II located on the map?

acf said:
OP, you mentioned 106 in Phase I of Eastwood, and 168 in Phase II of Eastwood.

By phase I, i'm assuming that includes the whole Petaluma area near irvine blvd.
Where is phase II located on the map?

Petaluma extension (168 units) is going to be located in either lot 8 or lot 9 (Can't remember exactly which but more likely it's lot 9)

index.php

Thanks Inc.

Waiting for Petaluma phase II almost seems like a better idea to me, seeing as how it's in a better location - away from irvine blvd and sheltered in the middle of the community.

acf said:
Thanks Inc.

Waiting for Petaluma phase II almost seems like a better idea to me, seeing as how it's in a better location - away from irvine blvd and sheltered in the middle of the community.

Phase 2 is actually closed to Irvine Blvd. Phases work south.

They've sold more than 4 homes already.

I think they meant the second sets that's on lot 8 or 9 on the map above, not second release that's move in ready in a couple months

acf said:
Thanks Inc.

One thing to consider and it depends on exactly where the extension site is located, it might be too close to the cell tower. 

Back