What the "Dow" is happening?

currently long gold.... Looking for a short term bounce up to $1140. Once prices drop to $950 I will be buying heavily. My eyes are also watching energy, agriculture, and miners.

Because you know what is going to happen next... More quantitative easing... :)

History tends to repeat itself.... Look at the chart in 1937 after the great crash of 1929.  Do u see any similarities today? In 1937 they raise rates for the first time in 8 years.

It's going to be a ugly year.  Mine fields everywhere.  Potential Black Swan event in 2016.

Dow futures down 160+. 

That is why you want to own SDS - 2X short s&p and fund your vanguard 529 plan when s&p goes on a 50% off sale.
:)

China's market look like a train wreck in slow motion, what a way to start a new year.

Where's Panda's DOW going to hit 10,000 prediction?  :)

Inc, you may be laughing at me now but between now and 2018 you will not be laughing at me anymore.... Dow 10k ... This bear market cycle does not end until 2018.  Not over yet :)

Panda said:
Inc, you may be laughing at me now but between now and 2018 you will not be laughing at me anymore.... Dow 10k ... This bear market cycle does not end until 2018.  Not over yet :)

I'm not laughing at you Panda, and actually you was correct back then with your DOW 10,000 call.  I'm just j/d around see if you going to give another specific DOW bottom call this time around.

Wait... I don't remember Panda having a correct Dow call.

Last thing I remember he said it would drop and not rise and that wasn't the case.

Dow 600+ pt loss in the past two days.  Down almost 1,000 pts in a week.  Flashback of the Summer '15. 
Energy and commodity getting further crushed.  Those junk bonds gonna implode later.  No pain no gain.
Happy New Year!

2i8w09z.jpg

lnc said:
Panda said:

I'm not laughing at you Panda, and actually you was correct back then with your DOW 10,000 call.  I'm just j/d around see if you going to give another specific DOW bottom call this time around.

iacrenter said:
eyephone said:
More yuan devaluation ( speculation according to different reports)

Will this slowdown Chinese RE investment in the US?

Most definitely. It is already much more expensive not to mention much more difficult to get money over here in the states lately.

It's pretty dismal here in China right now. I would not count on the Chinese bailing out the RE market this time around. They are having enough trouble finding buyers for the inventory here.

Get in your bunker and get ready for the chinese led global recession. :)

Not sure why many bearish sentiments on this thread.

2008 - US economy was in big big trouble, unemployment, banks failing, the whole gamut. Stock market came back up pretty nicely.

2016 - Yes, China and other countries are in trouble. Not so much us. I wonder when rest of the world pulls out their money from those dropping markets, where will that money flow? I'd think they'd bring it over here.

That being said, I have made my share of foolish predictions in past.

There is no secret around oil industry bust last year. Overall US employment is restored back to 5%ish. We'll see what tomorrow morning report brings.

Cornflakes said:
There is no secret around oil industry bust last year. Overall US employment is restored back to 5%ish. We'll see what tomorrow morning report brings.

Good jobs report, futures have Dow up 200+

Dead cat bounce I guess.  Perhaps today is a good day to bail if you're still bearish.

Back