New Listing - Santa Maria Plan 1 in Stonegate

tentfox said:
That seems pricy for an attached condo. Is this price standard for Stonegate?

238 Mayfair (1,483sf) closed for $610k today which puts it at $411/sf.  If you use the same price per SF then this condo will sell for $570k.  My guess is that it closes for $575k-$600k.

237kempton said:
But that is Santa Maria Plan 2 usually stays more time in the market as the floor plan is not so popular.

Compare this home with 203 Mayfair, which is same model plan and has more upgrades too. 203 Mayfair is Pending in just 4 days on MLS. And their list price is $630k. That's why this is competitive price.

Are you sure about that?  A model match at 227 Overbrook just closed last week on 9/21 for $592,500 at $427/sf.  List price means nothing, just means both of you are over priced.  The market will speak though so we shall see.

237kempton said:
tentfox said:
That seems pricy for an attached condo. Is this price standard for Stonegate?

Yes ! Stonegate Santa Maria Plan 1 is most desirable and median sft is $441.

Please provide me your data because 261 Mayfair (also a model match) closed for $587,888 or $424/sf on 3/27/15.  So taking Mayfair and Overbrook your average is more like $425/sf.  I hope you aren't including the former model at 203 Kempton that closed at $483/sf.  I would have priced your condo at $600k for a fast sale, but hey what do I know.  Numbers don't lie, only realtors who try to distort them do.  haha

Homer_Simpson said:
I thought realtors had to be a sponsor to advertise their listings on talk Irvine?

Apparently individual sellers are posting on TI too.

Anything goes after the "archive" incident. (Hehe)

I think it's a positive thing if they post on TI, so we can ask questions, make comments, etc..

#whoknows

eyephone said:
Homer_Simpson said:
I thought realtors had to be a sponsor to advertise their listings on talk Irvine?

Apparently individual sellers are posting on TI too.

Anything goes after the "archive" incident. (Hehe)

I think it's a positive thing if they post on TI, so we can ask questions, make comments, etc..

#whoknows

+1  I too think it's positive.  The more information and transparency, the better for all of us.

Well, the market has spoken.  Six weeks later and a 5k price drop, still no takers.  Wanted to follow-up on this one since the OP was so insistent that he was priced competitively.

Time to hire USC instead?

#overpriced

WTTCHMN said:
Well, the market has spoken.  Six weeks later and a 5k price drop, still no takers.  Wanted to follow-up on this one since the OP was so insistent that he was priced competitively.

#overpriced

Price needs to drop to $600k to pull in all the buyers that set their searches up to $600k.  Numbers don't lie and I just call'em as I see'em.  The clients that listen to me not only sell their properties fast but also get good prices.  Nothing worse than pricing too high and then chasing the market down as the DOM keeps growing causing buyers to get into the "what's wrong with this property" mindset.  Like I said before, I would have listed this condo at $600k.  Sellers and agents need to realize that time = money.  ;)

What is the realistic per sqft price for attached 2bed condo(1350sqft) in SG?
What was the price in 2014?
What was the price in 2012?

Any input?

Here's some info regarding to Santa Maria's price history.

Looks like it starts around $310/sf at end of 2011 through end of 2012 and then the price began to raise significantly at spring of 2013. 
IIRC, price of new construction runs around $340/sf at end of 2012, $380/sf at end 2013 and over $400/sf at end of 2014. 

http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,1796.msg55025.html#msg55025
quattroporte said:
Santa Maria (Price sheet dated effective 12-9-11)
- Residence 1 (1,386 SF) = $432,000
- Residence 2 (1,483 SF) = $458,000
- Residence 3 (1,614 SF) = $505,000

Santa Maria (Price sheet dated effective 3-6-13)
- Residence 1 (1,386 SF) = $445,600
- Residence 2 (1,483 SF) = $460,300
- Residence 3 (1,614 SF) = $539,500

Santa Maria (Price sheet dated effective 3-23-13)
- Residence 1 (1,386 SF) = $451,700
- Residence 2 (1,483 SF) = $471,000
- Residence 3 (1,614 SF) = $550,800

quattroporte said:
New Prices. Crazy.

- Residence 1 (1,386 SF) = $464,000
- Residence 2 (1,483 SF) = $483,000
- Residence 3 (1,614 SF) = $564,800

$12K every month. How long is this sustainable?

USCTrojanCPA said:
WTTCHMN said:

#overpriced

Price needs to drop to $600k to pull in all the buyers that set their searches up to $600k.  Numbers don't lie and I just call'em as I see'em.  The clients that listen to me not only sell their properties fast but also get good prices.  Nothing worse than pricing too high and then chasing the market down as the DOM keeps growing causing buyers to get into the "what's wrong with this property" mindset.  Like I said before, I would have listed this condo at $600k.  Sellers and agents need to realize that time = money.  ;)

Looks like the buyer followed USC's advice and dropped to 600k.  Let's see if it the strategy works.  If it still doesn't sell, then you know it's the TI treats which are the real closer.

Back