Amazon is on Fire...

irvinehomeowner

7 new products for the Fire lineup:
http://www.geek.com/tablets/amazon-launches-7-new-fire-devices-including-50-tablet-1634341/

4 tablets:

10" $230
8" $150
7" Kids version $100 (will replace for free if broken, no questions asked)
7" $50 Fire Table (one of the cheapest around)

3 Fire TV products, a new stick with voice remote included, a 4K box and a gaming version of the box (includes a game controller).

The tablets seem to be a good deal, esp the $50 one as they have MicroSD slots (Fire tablets did not have that in previous models) so you can up the memory from the base 8GB with up to a 128GB SD card.

I just got an email from Amazon. 
Cheap tablets ftw!  I've seen several households with iPads for each kid with cracked screens.

Great strategy by Amazon on the $50 tablet. Going after a different market, especially with the $10,000 worth in free apps*. Also a $99 tablet for kids with a 2 year replacement warranty is brilliant, especially given that they have excellent parental controls.

Overall have generally been impressed with Amazon lately with their strategy.

* Make sure to read the permissions you are agreeing to when signing up for the free underground app.

bones said:
Just pre ordered a kid fire. Debating whether I should preorder one for each kid....
Get the 6-pack... buy 5 $50 tablets get the 6th one for free with the code 'FIRE6PACK':

fire.sixpackx299.jpg

irvinehomeowner said:
http://www.geek.com/tablets/amazon-launches-7-new-fire-devices-including-50-tablet-1634341/

4 tablets:

10" $230
8" $150

3 Fire TV products, a new stick with voice remote included, a 4K box and a gaming version of the box (includes a game controller).

The tablets seem to be a good deal, esp the $50 one as they have MicroSD slots (Fire tablets did not have that in previous models) so you can up the memory from the base 8GB with up to a 128GB SD card.
Like the memory option, but hesitating on adding more stuff to my Amazon gadget graveyard at home...  I'll bite if they throw in another year of Prime for free.  So the 128gb micro sd card will cost more than the $50 tablet???

ps9 said:
irvinehomeowner said:

4 tablets:

10" $230
8" $150

Like the memory option, but hesitating on adding more stuff to my Amazon gadget graveyard at home...  I'll bite if they throw in another year of Prime for free.  So the 128gb micro sd card will cost more than the $50 tablet???

Has the echo made it into the Amazon graveyard yet? 

The California Court Company said:
Amazon Prime to cost $67 for new customer, this Friday only

Apparently there is some sort of hack (if you can even call it that) to gift yourself the membership for the $67 price. Involves you setting your current membership to not auto renew and finding out the date when it ends so you know when to apply the "gift".

bones said:

Apparently there is some sort of hack (if you can even call it that) to gift yourself the membership for the $67 price. Involves you setting your current membership to not auto renew and finding out the date when it ends so you know when to apply the "gift".
Or just wait for qwertazon to tape $32 on a Vietnamese coffee shop. :)

irvinehomeowner said:
bones said:

Or just wait for qwertazon to tape $32 on a Vietnamese coffee shop. :)

Yea. Gonna have to wait for qwertys taped $32. Amazon isn't allowing gifts apparently.

Back