Auburn at Stonegate by Richmond American

ps99472

Not sure if this was discussed but I don't' recall......

RA%20stonegate_zpspqubbpau.jpg

These homes will be north of Shea's Sausalitos and back Portola Pkwy.  Plan 2x with have a basement option to bring the sq ft. to over 5,000 sq ft.  A true man cave is possible here. 

Plan 1:
RA%20stonegate2_zpscgmyvvqf.jpg

Plan 2:
RA%20stonegate3_zpsshatkymb.jpg

RA%20stonegate4_zpsjrjrbf1l.jpg

Plan 2x:
RA%20stonegate5_zps9qyizbs2.jpg

RA%20stonegate6_zpsqe5jyvvc.jpg

Plan 3:
RA%20stonegate7_zpszaiwoqg5.jpg

Plan 4:
RA%20stonegate8_zpsmdkqriqg.jpg

Of course these will have itty bitty yards unless you border Portola:

RA%20stonegate9_zpsem1mqgpz.jpg

Original files here

Nice to see more innovation coming to Irvine with the large basement. Maybe competition from 5P is forcing TIC to let builders bring some unique features of their own.

But, what's up with these tiny lots. Many of them look to be no more than 10 ft to the back fence. That's ridiculous for a 5000+ sq ft house.

Being that close to the fence makes the downstairs darker since the windows are so close to the fence. Trees of any significant size would make it even worse and you don't have much control over your neighbors letting their trees get overgrown unless they reach over your property.

Looks like all the 2x plans are end of cul de sac along Portola.  5000 sq ft homes with no views, backs a major street (garbage trucks roaring overhead), at the foot of a large active dump site.  Hopefully they model the basement. 

iacrenter said:
aquabliss said:
This basement has a courtyard?  How is this possible?

The first floor does NOT have a courtyard. It is open to below.

So the ground floor is open to the basement courtyard below?  That sounds quite odd and seems like a safety hazard.

aquabliss said:
iacrenter said:
aquabliss said:
This basement has a courtyard?  How is this possible?

The first floor does NOT have a courtyard. It is open to below.

So the ground floor is open to the basement courtyard below?  That sounds quite odd and seems like a safety hazard.
It's just like a second floor open to a courtyard. If you look at the plan, the family room has two doors that are like a Juliet's balcony and then there is another balcony off the hallway next to the stairs.

The thing I wonder about is how far below ground is the basement, from the plan, there looks like no windows other than from the courtyard but I guess that makes for a good theater room.

Usually basements aren't included in total square footage (at least when I watch HGTV and those homes in the Midwest) and the floor plan for the 2x lists the same sqft as 2 but I would think they would list it with higher sqft.

I believe this plot of land  was original reserved as an option for either Sausalito or Acadia to do their extension.  I guess either of them sell well and give up these lots.

Richmond American did well with Lafayette and this probably give them the confidence to do this bigger sq.ft. home at Stonegate. 

They were probably better off doing smaller homes 2500-3000sf with 4/4+loft with larger yards. But ipac probably didn't want the competition.

Edit:  just realized that would be Lafayette.  Aren't those selling like hot cakes?

Very excited to see how plan 2x looks in person. I've seen the same 3-story courtyard with basement technique employed at Crystal Cove, and it's amazing.

gasman said:
This is gonna set a record for sqft-to-lot size ratio at > 80%.  :eek:

2 car garage fail.

What is it going to take to move from the T-town? Hehe

I like that basement feature.

Back