Good pizza in Irvine?

paydawg

Looking for good pizza in irvine/Tustin/lake forest not named First Class.  Any recommendations? 

First Class is horribly overpriced and not that great - too saucy and the crust is a failure.

New York's Upper Crust is the best New York style pizza around town.  Not cheap either but look for coupons.

Try Pizza 900 in Lake Forest by 5 off ramp.  Pretty good but my all time favorite is Tony's Little Italy deep dish pizza in Placentia.  Most awesome pie I've ever had.  The crust is heaven and they pile on the mozzarella.

Worth a drive on a weekend if you've never tried it.

I second Tony's in placentia. Just call the order in. Takes like 50 minutes for the order to be ready

Tony's is great.  We were craving that tonight while we were regretting eating at BJ's tonight.  Boy has that chain gone DOWNHILL!

Blaze is my fave for DIY.

For fancy Margherita for a date night out we go to Pizzeria Mozza in Newport or more casusal, Pizzeria Ortica in Costa Mesa after 8 PM at the bar for HH, $7/$8.

Locally I haven't tried too much other than usual chains, NY Upper Crust (ok), some chef guy on FB I know likes Brizio's combo (never been). If anyone has a Petrillos equivalent (Monterey Park) out here, let me know.

I kind of like Pizza 90 in the Alton plaza. It's similar to the DIY pizza places like Blaze and Pieology, but they're going for a more authentic Neapolitan style pizza. They have many topping choices. You don't get to pick unlimited toppings for your pizza. You can either pick one of the preselected pizzas (Margherita, etc) or pick two toppings. If you want more than that, you have to pay for each one. So it ends up being pricier than Blaze and Pieology unless you get a pretty bare pizza.

readytobuy said:
my favorite is the pizza from stone fire grill.
Really?  That seems so average to me.  My friends also like the BBQ Chicken Pizza at Stonefire but I didn't think it was anything special.

soyi said:
WTTCHMN said:
paydawg said:
WTTCHMN said:
Top 20: Where to get the best pizza in Orange County
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/pizza-710287-bar-oven.html

It's funny how Tustin, Irvine, and Lake Forest are rarely on these "best" lists for dining.

Best place to swim with shit?

Are you talking about swimming pools all over Irvine taken over by ducks?

Guess again.
http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,11840.msg287165.html#msg287165

Back