Integrated Math I

abcd1234

I don't think that IUSD updated their textbook information for the upcoming change in the math program.  I was wondering if there are any kids of TI parents who are in the year-round schools and are in Integrated Math I.  I was wondering how it was going for them since  they are the first guinea pigs in this new transition.  When I went to one of those math meetings (was it May?) there was a lot of uproar from parents because the books still hadn't been selected.  Anyone have any information.  I know school starts next week, but I was just curious. 

Thanks

I'm not one of the parents whose child is in Math 1 but I spoke to the parent in year round school whose child is.
It's a disaster - no books as of yet.  Kids get homework on copies of the pages from workbooks.  if you are lucky to have a naturally engaging and inspiring teachers you will be ok.  Otherwise, it's a wasted time.

Check Pearson common core integrated math series. At the Q&A of math pathway conference, one teacher said they were reviewing this series. But it was not finalized. My kid is also going to take math 1. We will know next week.

Finally got the textbook for enhanced math 1. It is Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Integrated Mathematics Volume1. Not the pearson one.

abcd1234 said:
I don't think that IUSD updated their textbook information for the upcoming change in the math program.  I was wondering if there are any kids of TI parents who are in the year-round schools and are in Integrated Math I.  I was wondering how it was going for them since  they are the first guinea pigs in this new transition.  When I went to one of those math meetings (was it May?) there was a lot of uproar from parents because the books still hadn't been selected.  Anyone have any information.  I know school starts next week, but I was just curious. 

Thanks

Back