Health Clubs - Are any of them Good?

elgringo

So...I'm at the point of giving up on 24 Hour Fitness (of course I've said that before).  The Lakeshore Towers location (which is an "Ultrasport" branch) has gone way downhill (busted lockers, messy locker rooms), etc.  Today, the Lakeshore Towers branch opened its doors to all the members of the Newport Beach club which had closed down.  So now the club is even more crowded.

I'm thinking of joining LA Fitness.  I'd welcome any comments you have about their facilities.  I hear they are nicer in general.  If you know of any good specials, I'd like to hear about them.  I've thought of Equinox but it looks pretty expensive.

I appreciate any info you can provide.

24 super sport on jamboree is still nicest around here outside of equinox.

Why don't you join Equinox? I used to work out at spectrum club in el segundo when I used to live in Redondo. La fitness and 24 hour hour fitness were shit compared to the spectrum club (Equinox bought them).

Jmoney74, thanks for the info on that 24 Hour location on Jamboree.  Maybe I just need to give up on Lakeshore Towers and switch to another branch.  I'm just stunned that an "Ultrasport" can be this dirty and be a "top" club.

Qwerty, I've thought about Equinox.  It's pricey though at $165/month for just one club and $275/month for all locations.

I've thought about Crunch or Anytime Fitness.  I've also thought of trying Crossfit or some other system.

Back