Author Topic: Presidential Elections  (Read 377013 times)

Offline eyephone

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 449
  • -Received: 705
Re: Presidential Elections
« Reply #1830 on: October 30, 2020, 02:36:15 PM »
Donald C Trump (c for covid) continues to criticize Biden for social distancing and wearing masks. But the last daily toll of covid is around 91,000.

Offline icey

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 204
  • -Received: 58
« Reply #1831 on: October 30, 2020, 03:02:50 PM »
Led by women, 15% of Republicans so far have defected and are voting for Biden. He only needs 4% of Republicans to switch. Hispanics will show up on election day in Florida and Texas and we'll know the outcome sooner rather than later.

We need a landslide to repudiate the most corrupt President in the history of the nation as we know he is going to try all kinds of shenanigans to contest the election.

The States decide the votes, not him, so he can try, but Americans are too smart and too strong and have had enough.

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #1832 on: October 30, 2020, 03:05:57 PM »
Take a look at Reddit Politics thread. There are many threads and users bashing Trump on a daily basis. People are fed up!

Offline aquabliss

• Thanks
  • -Given: 206
  • -Received: 778
« Reply #1833 on: October 30, 2020, 09:22:47 PM »
Are you guys really ok with the shutdowns Biden is going to institute in Jan/Feb if he wins?  I don’t think it’s just Trump rhetoric that he’ll shut the whole country down if he wins, I think it’s true and he doesn’t care about the economic consequences.

It’ll be like starting over for the airlines, restaurants, etc.  Not a die hard Trump fan but he’s the better economic choice right now.

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #1834 on: October 30, 2020, 09:40:03 PM »
Are you guys really ok with the shutdowns Biden is going to institute in Jan/Feb if he wins?  I don’t think it’s just Trump rhetoric that he’ll shut the whole country down if he wins, I think it’s true and he doesn’t care about the economic consequences.

It’ll be like starting over for the airlines, restaurants, etc.  Not a die hard Trump fan but he’s the better economic choice right now.

Another fake post by the waterboy. But I am not surprised. Biden already said that schools and business should stay open with tools such as plexiglass.
You are okay with Trump administration giving up on Covid. (the chief of staff previously mentioned this) The fact is Trump lied to the American public regarding covid.
They can’t even protect the WH from covid. The safest place in the world with rapid testing. How are they going to protect Americans?

The Trump administration does not have a plan.

Offline aquabliss

• Thanks
« Reply #1835 on: October 30, 2020, 10:05:08 PM »
Not even political pondering but yes I’m fine with what you call “giving up on COVID”.  I’m so over COVID, just let it burn itself out already.  So many more people than we’ll ever know already had this thing and have survived just fine.  The death rate is wayyyy lower than anything reported.

If you’re freaking out then I will defend your freedom to live in your basement or lock yourself in your room.  It’s your right, you should be able to freely do so. 

I think most rational and intelligent Americans share this sentiment they’re just too worried that they will be labeled if they say it out loud.

If Biden wins I hope you’re right about what you said with him not shutting things down, but I’m not convinced.

Offline nosuchreality

• Thanks
  • -Given: 136
  • -Received: 466
« Reply #1836 on: October 30, 2020, 10:34:45 PM »
Its pretty clear a lot of people are done.  Stores have regular Christmas shopping crowds already.  No real.point keeping Disneyland closed if people are going to stand ina Costco return line for 45 minutes.

At same time, talking with Relatives in the upper midwest. Schools are shutting back down and going pure DL because their covid transmission rate is more than 300/100,000.  The ones that work in healthcare are totally stressed out because yes, the hospita!s are running out  beds.

Offline icey

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
« Reply #1837 on: October 31, 2020, 12:26:17 AM »

Biden and Kamala have never said that and have answered multiple times what they will do which includes support for small businesses and schools so they can do things like install shields and increase testing and contact tracing.

This is standard practice in places like Taiwan and Korea. Taiwan hasn’t had a new case in 200 days and has more travel with mainland China than any other country in the world. This virus CAN be beat but Trump makes it look much more insurmountable than it has to be. Good leaders make things look easy, bad ones make everything appear like a 5 alarm fire, and chaos benefits the guy and is part of his immoral strategy.

We have the best tools in the world to destroy the virus but they’re all sitting in the shelf due to mismanagement.

Trump also said we have special masks here in California where we have to eat through them. Have you seen any of these special masks because I sure haven’t?

The guy can’t go 30 seconds without making stuff up.

As far as the other stuff goes Trump IS the President not Biden and the evidence shows he’s destroying the economy like he does everything else.

Joe is a fixer who helped jumpstart the economy after the 2008 disaster and is the right guy to heal the country.

Trump is in debt and owes hundreds of millions to foreign banks (including China) and is not a businessman, he’s a Promoter/grifter.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2020, 12:39:10 AM by icey »

Offline aquabliss

• Thanks
« Reply #1838 on: October 31, 2020, 03:21:19 AM »
Yes, Biden basically said it:
https://apnews.com/article/a409028572b31ff1e1b198724a449c0f
And who is Biden going to listen to?  This guy, of course:
https://www.newsweek.com/fauci-trump-united-states-coronavirus-lockdown-1536999

NJ Democratic governor ready to do it:
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/nj-gov-on-a-covid-19-lockdown-if-we-have-to-shut-the-whole-place-down-we-will-205402414.html

The writing is on the wall, I just hope people can read.

Offline aquabliss

• Thanks
« Reply #1839 on: October 31, 2020, 03:25:33 AM »

Biden and Kamala have never said that

Asked specifically whether he’d push to shutter economic activity if scientists said it was necessary, Biden replied: “I would shut it down.”

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2552
  • -Received: 3903
  • 3CWG
« Reply #1840 on: October 31, 2020, 06:32:09 AM »

Asked specifically whether he’d push to shutter economic activity if scientists said it was necessary, Biden replied: “I would shut it down.”

That’s not the question you asked.

You intimated that Biden would shut down the economy if he won, regardless of the status of Covid infections.

The article says he would do it based on what the scientists recommend.
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

Offline nosuchreality

• Thanks
  • -Given: 136
  • -Received: 466
« Reply #1841 on: October 31, 2020, 06:53:15 AM »
We don't need to shutdown. We just need to wear masks, keep social distance, & limit extended gatherings.

Or we just wait and once deaths and hospitalizations get high enough, social distancing and business shutdown will be done voluntarily by the customers.

It would nice if we did it the smart way and figure out with testing where we really are at.  But even the optimistic it's 7x more widespread than we think would still leave us with  another 6-10x as many people still to get sick and die in an uncontrolled 'let herd immunity' work plan.

Offline Compressed-Village

• Thanks
  • -Given: 343
  • -Received: 256
« Reply #1842 on: October 31, 2020, 07:12:10 AM »

Don’t shutdown. Do two things, wear a mask in public places, and limit social interaction. Not hard to practice, but why are we in this mess?

Leadership have failed. Red and Blue not unified for the people of our country. Actions on both side whether good or evil intentions have been politicized to a point of no one want to believe or hear the other. This is the same path that taken down the Roman empire. We are on the same path.

Offline aquabliss

• Thanks
« Reply #1843 on: October 31, 2020, 09:11:47 AM »

You intimated that Biden would shut down the economy if he won, regardless of the status of Covid infections.

Ok fine, if Biden wins and Fauci publicly comes out and says “everything is fine now, we don’t need to shut down”, then he probably wouldn’t do it.  I just don’t think that will happen in early Jan 21, middle of flu season.

Offline icey

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
« Reply #1844 on: October 31, 2020, 01:22:08 PM »

Ok fine, if Biden wins and Fauci publicly comes out and says “everything is fine now, we don’t need to shut down”, then he probably wouldn’t do it.  I just don’t think that will happen in early Jan 21, middle of flu season.

Let me ask you this:

Articulate Trump’s current Coronavirus response plan

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal