2015 Safest Places in California

socal78

This showed up in my FB newsfeed today:

"When deciding where to live, safety is a top priority. Our team at ValuePenguin has analyzed the most recent FBI Crime Report to determine the safety of cities in California. These 417 ranged in a crime score from 103 to almost 7,000 with an average of 1,290. Sacramento, the state?s centrally-located capital, fell to No. 399 in our rankings with a crime score of 2,744. This was true despite the fact that we adjusted our crime score metric for population size. The score also took into account both the amount of violent and property-related crimes per 100,000 people (more on our methodology below). For more insight, take a look at the report:"

***BTW, someone really goofed the graphic. "Alison Viego" is supposed to read "Aliso Viejo"***

CaliforniaSafest.001.jpg

The "Full List of Places" in order from safest to least safe can be found within the article. Too lengthy to post the image here. (For a frame of reference, Irvine is #41):
http://www.valuepenguin.com/2015/06/2015-safest-places-california

Scary!  I read Alison Viego as Aliso Viejo and didnt notice the goof until you said something.  It has since been changed to Alison Viejo.

Whoa - surprised at some of the cities towards the bottom.

These lists are always funny to me...like the list for "best elementary school".  Good for PR but in reality...doesn't really matter that much.

Roger said:
GH said:
Roger said:
Oh no!!!! Lake Forest is ranked lower than Irvine!  :'(

Look at the positive side. its higher than Tustin  :p
My statement was meant for those who seem to think LF is a better place than Irvine lol

Lol I'm the biggest Baker Ranch fan here and no way is Lake Forest better than Irvine. Irvine is in a class of its own. Lake Forest is almost like a suburb of Irvine and I would debate that LF is better than some other Irvine suburbs...but nothing non coastal competes with Irvine period.

That being said, not all neighborhoods in Irvine I would live in. I think BR is better than some Irvine villages and worst than others.

All of the RSM FB pages lit up when this survey came out. Then they were complaining how many cars were busted into on Monday.

Surprised to see Alison Viego with 50k+ people living there. Somethings not right with the survey. 

eclipxe said:
Roger said:
GH said:
Roger said:

My statement was meant for those who seem to think LF is a better place than Irvine lol

Lol I'm the biggest Baker Ranch fan here and no way is Lake Forest better than Irvine. Irvine is in a class of its own. Lake Forest is almost like a suburb of Irvine and I would debate that LF is better than some other Irvine suburbs...but nothing non coastal competes with Irvine period.

That being said, not all neighborhoods in Irvine I would live in. I think BR is better than some Irvine villages and worst than others.
I second to that.  When I was driving around the neighborhood near the 99 ranch between Jeffery and Walnut I was always wondering that someone can make a lot of $$ by rebuilding that community...  and what is up with the mobile home community?? how does it get approved in the Irvine master development in first place??  :mad:

Roger said:
eclipxe said:
Roger said:
GH said:
Roger said:

I second to that.  When I was driving around the neighborhood near the 99 ranch between Jeffery and Walnut I was always wondering that someone can make a lot of $$ by rebuilding that community...  and what is up with the mobile home community?? how does it get approved in the Irvine master development in first place??  :mad:

The mobilehome park was there before all the development.  That community fights every development in Irvine.

Irvinecommuter said:
Roger said:
eclipxe said:
Roger said:
GH said:
Roger said:

The mobilehome park was there before all the development.  That community fights every development in Irvine.

Very interesting - I've always wondered that. Do you have any more info?

How many mobile home parks are there in Irvine anyhow?  Just that one and the groves across from Eastwood?

aquabliss said:
How many mobile home parks are there in Irvine anyhow?  Just that one and the groves across from Eastwood?
I believe it's just those 2.

And they are probably the safest places in Irvine. :)

Ya my tax guy lives in the one off Irvine Blvd and loves it there.  He tells everyone he lives in a gated community in Irvine.

aquabliss said:
Ya my tax guy lives in the one off Irvine Blvd and loves it there.  He tells everyone he lives in a gated community in Irvine.
Maybe you should change your tax guy lol... I would not trust someone like that handling my tax.

Back