Rental and backyard maintaining

Fomin75

Hello. I'm facing with a following problem. In the middle of May I moved in the brand new house in CV. There were no landscaping done in the backyard of the house. However I was told by a listing agent that in 3-4 weeks the homeowner would get it done. So I pretty much expected standart backyard design approved by HOA. But in 4 weeks when landscapers showed up they just covered backyard with natural lawn and installed sprinkler system. So eventually I got outrageous water bill of 130 dollars, when my usual bill used to be no more than 35. It was confirmed by HOA that nobody submitted design plans for that house. Now it's additional problem with mowing the yard, it's almost 1700 sqft of grass. May I just turn water off and inform HOA about this issue? Any advise would be appreciated.

Grass needs a lot of water initially. After awhile (can't remember how long but you can look it up), you can cut back on the watering. We have a decent amount of grass, trees, plants and our normal bill is $60 a month.

Twice a day for two weeks.

Check your sprinkler, it's easy to adjust. Just water it every day for 3 minutes.

qwerty said:
Twice a day for two weeks.

Check your sprinkler, it's easy to adjust. Just water it every day for 3 minutes.
Oh c'mon... this is not the qwermacho I know.

Just turn off the sprinklers. Let the landlord deal with the maintenance.

Brown is the new green.

Back