I Scream

aquabliss

Free Ice Cream tomorrow at Spectrum.  Nom Nom Nom...

I'm sure the line will be ultra short.

2eatkxg.jpg

aquabliss said:
Free Ice Cream tomorrow at Spectrum.  Nom Nom Nom...

I'm sure the line will be ultra short.

2eatkxg.jpg

Might head there Saturday night. Thumbs up.

I'm going to the Spectrum on Monday. Might take a peek inside and see what it's all about. I kind of think there's already too much ice cream at the Spectrum. Before Iho objects that there's "no such thing as too much ice cream", I'm just sayin', we've already got a Haagen Dazs, Cold Stone, and not to mention all the other places that serve ice cream and now this place.

SoCal said:
I'm going to the Spectrum on Monday. Might take a peek inside and see what it's all about. I kind of think there's already too much ice cream at the Spectrum. Before Iho objects that there's "no such as thing as too much ice cream", I'm just sayin', we've already got a Haagen Dazs, Cold Stone, and not to mention all the other places that serve ice cream and now this place.

Yeah but those places arent well received. Looking forward to these new spots.  Hagan daz looks like it belongs in santa ana.

I think those places aren't well received because they are so expensive.

When you can get a sizable Yogurtland cup with as many flavors and toppings as you want for less than $4, it's hard to compete at $5+ for just one or two flavors and a few toppings.

I just went Saturday around 6PM.. no line.  The location is not good.. all tucked away in the back door lot across from Javiers.  No tables either.. instead they put up these round seats (Giant Ice Cream sandwiches).  So my son is eating his sammich.. dripping all over.  I think I cleaned all of it up but who knows.. just that small green mint might stain on your white pants/shorts.  The ice cream is just okay.. the cookies are decent.  Probably wouldn't trek back.

We walked over and passed Cold Stones and they were advertising cookie ice cream sammiches too, very crowded. 

Just got back from Cream. Weird location. In some alley. If you are walking from the movie theater parking lot area, hoof it & head towards the carousel. I think if you try to take the shortcut, behind the theater, it's blocked off I believe. I saw a gate which said "Emergency Exit Only". Good thing I went the long way around anyway. The Spectrum itself was pretty busy. Cream was not. I got a cookie sundae because the cookie sandwiches looked like too much food. The cookies are nothing to write home about. Flat and a bit tacky. The sugar ratio is off. The ice cream was alright. At least it is soft rather than hard like, say, Dreyer's. I had the strawberry cheesecake. It was neither strawberry'ish nor cheesecakish. More like vanilla that a cheesecake crumb fell into. There are no tables. Just giant ice cream sandwiches to sit on. It's alright if you like rolling around on an upholstered bed of cookie crumbs and chocolate syrup drips. I was just about to tell my boy to watch out for Jmoney Jr.'s spill when he sat in it. Sweet. Same as Jmoney, I spotted Coldstone's sammiches on the way. I was like, hey, why don't we just go here. But my boys wanted to keep going so we pressed onward. Would I go back? Nope. I think they'll be closed in a matter of months anyway. Just my guess.

I do like their sugar cookie + coconut ice cream combo, it's pretty good but... nothing I couldn't make myself for my whole family for $4 using McDonalds Sugar Cookies and Ralphs Coconut Ice Cream.

Looks like Uber is running a promotion tomorrow (Friday) delivering Dippin' Dots in OC. If you've never used Uber before, this could be free for you!!
"If you are new to Uber, use the code ?freeicecream? in the app to receive either a free first ride (up to $25) or a free ice cream delivery from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. July 24."

"For $20, customers can get a variety pack of five, 3-ounce cups of the flash-frozen ice cream bits. Flavors include: chocolate, vanilla, cookies ?n cream, chocolate chip cookie dough and mint chocolate."
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/cream-673426-ice-uber.html

Back