Author Topic: I Scream  (Read 3975 times)

Offline SoCal

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 1802
  • -Received: 1477
Re: I Scream
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2015, 04:04:16 PM »
Just got back from Cream. Weird location. In some alley. If you are walking from the movie theater parking lot area, hoof it & head towards the carousel. I think if you try to take the shortcut, behind the theater, it's blocked off I believe. I saw a gate which said "Emergency Exit Only". Good thing I went the long way around anyway. The Spectrum itself was pretty busy. Cream was not. I got a cookie sundae because the cookie sandwiches looked like too much food. The cookies are nothing to write home about. Flat and a bit tacky. The sugar ratio is off. The ice cream was alright. At least it is soft rather than hard like, say, Dreyer's. I had the strawberry cheesecake. It was neither strawberry'ish nor cheesecakish. More like vanilla that a cheesecake crumb fell into. There are no tables. Just giant ice cream sandwiches to sit on. It's alright if you like rolling around on an upholstered bed of cookie crumbs and chocolate syrup drips. I was just about to tell my boy to watch out for Jmoney Jr.'s spill when he sat in it. Sweet. Same as Jmoney, I spotted Coldstone's sammiches on the way. I was like, hey, why don't we just go here. But my boys wanted to keep going so we pressed onward. Would I go back? Nope. I think they'll be closed in a matter of months anyway. Just my guess.

Online aquabliss

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 202
  • -Received: 759
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2015, 04:07:18 PM »
I do like their sugar cookie + coconut ice cream combo, it's pretty good but... nothing I couldn't make myself for my whole family for $4 using McDonalds Sugar Cookies and Ralphs Coconut Ice Cream.

Offline happytales

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 49
  • -Received: 12
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2015, 09:16:48 PM »
Looks like Uber is running a promotion tomorrow (Friday) delivering Dippin' Dots in OC. If you've never used Uber before, this could be free for you!!
"If you are new to Uber, use the code “freeicecream” in the app to receive either a free first ride (up to $25) or a free ice cream delivery from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. July 24."

"For $20, customers can get a variety pack of five, 3-ounce cups of the flash-frozen ice cream bits. Flavors include: chocolate, vanilla, cookies ’n cream, chocolate chip cookie dough and mint chocolate."
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/cream-673426-ice-uber.html

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Recent Posts

Re: Padova in Orchard Hills by aquabliss
[Today at 03:06:31 AM]

Re: Presidential Elections by icey
[Today at 12:26:17 AM]

Re: Padova in Orchard Hills by CogNeuroSci
[Today at 12:11:35 AM]