Orchard Hills Neighborhood 3

happycat

Quote: "If that new 2019 elementary is indeed the new K-8 school located in the Orchard Hills neighborhood 3, that means TIC is panning to open that community around summer of 2018."

Could the gurus shed some lights on this?  We are currently debating on whether to purchase at Groves @ OH or wait for Neighborhood 3.  From what I have heard, if the market continue to hold up, TIC is going to sell the current Phase I of Grove (619 homes), then the Phase II of Groves (373 homes) around 2016, then Phase III of Groves (185 homes) around 2018...  it still has Phase IV (223 homes) to be released, 2020?
Then it becomes very interesting to put Eastwood and OH Neighborhood 3 into perspective.  How are they going to line up in terms of timing?
Anyone have any idea?  Thanks much in advance! 

It's all conjecture at this point.  A lot of things can happen between now and then to speed up or delay schedule.

It is possible that the new K-8 school opens independent of neighborhood 3's construction schedule.  Usually the school opens about the same time frame as the community but since the new K-8 school at neighborhood 3 is located on the outskirt of the community, it is not necessary for the construction or opening of the neighborhood 3 in order for the school to open.

The phase 3 of Gorves consist of only 4000+ sq.ft. homes and phase 4 consist even larger estate homes.  Therefore it is possible for TIC to open the neighborhood 3 (which might consists some 3000-4000 sq.ft. homes) around the same time frame of phase 3 & 4 of the Groves. 

Just heard today from a realtor that OH Neighborhood 3 is going to have majorly 4000 + sf homes.  I know it's still early, but do you happened to have any more info on this?

Sorry we need to make a purchasing decision at OH Groves very soon.  We are looking for homes in the 3000 sf range, if Neighborhood 3 it would be majorly 4000+(too big and too expensive for us), we would give up waiting and buy at the Groves now...

Thanks much and have a great long weekend!

Ask Dan, he will have all your answers:
https://www.irvinecompany.com/daniel-young

DanYoung-new.jpg

happycat said:
Just heard today from a realtor that OH Neighborhood 3 is going to have majorly 4000 + sf homes.  I know it's still early, but do you happened to have any more info on this?

Sorry we need to make a purchasing decision at OH Groves very soon.  We are looking for homes in the 3000 sf range, if Neighborhood 3 it would be majorly 4000+(too big and too expensive for us), we would give up waiting and buy at the Groves now...

Thanks much and have a great long weekend!

Any particular reason you want to wait for the Neighborhood 3? 

Neighborhood 3 still pretty far away and 2018 opening would probably happen only under the most favorable market condition.  With so many other 1.5 million+ new builds available, there's good chance that the sales at the Groves phase 1 going to slow down and delay the phase 2 and the Neighborhood 3's opening. 

There's good selection of 3000-4000 sq.ft. home currently available in the Groves phase 1 and more coming at the the Groves phase 2 ( Mulberry II, Capella II and an unknown builder with 2995-3343 sq.ft. homes).  Unless it's the TUSD thing, otherwise,  if you found a plan in the Groves that you like, you should serious consider it. 

They are putting all the smaller homes near the toll to buffer out the noise levels.  Capella 2 seems like its a worse location than Capella 1.

Thanks, folks.  Yeah, we are definitely considering Capella. We like some of their floor plans and proximity to the resort and orchard... Preferrable IUSD, but being at the best part of TUSD is good enough for us.  We do agree that Capella 1 is better than Capella 2 so we are getting very close to the final purchasing decision...

Regarding the noise level, is it pretty much constant all day or just during the rush hours?  Does it die down at evening?  We came there mostly during the day time, with the contruction noise we couldn't tell.  Could someone who already moved in (like Paris) give some comments?  Thanks!

happycat said:
Thanks, folks.  Yeah, we are definitely considering Capella. We like some of their floor plans and proximity to the resort and orchard... Preferrable IUSD, but being at the best part of TUSD is good enough for us.  We do agree that Capella 1 is better than Capella 2 so we are getting very close to the final purchasing decision...

Regarding the noise level, is it pretty much constant all day or just during the rush hours?  Does it die down at evening?  We came there mostly during the day time, with the contruction noise we couldn't tell.  Could someone who already moved in (like Paris) give some comments?  Thanks!

I don't know about the noise level near the toll roads in The Groves, but we live in an Irvine rental house currently, less than a mile from the 5. During the day time, you'll barely notice noise, but at night and in the early morning, you'll hear the very prominent humming from the freeway.

We're also less than a mile from the 261, so maybe the noise level is a combo effect of the two freeways. We wouldn't buy in our current neighborhood due to the freeway noise.

You can definitely hear the white noise from the toll constantly.  It's not a big deal but at $1.4m for 3000 sq ft, I think there are better deals out there.

happycat said:

I do not hear anything of the toll road traffic so either I'm deaf or maybe some is drowned out by the construction noise during the rush hour periods. When I've been at Vicenza I have definitely clearly heard the toll traffic. Other thing is that my home is very close to the model homes and away from the toll road so maybe that's part of the reason.

You cannot compare the toll road to the 5 freeway. It is not even 10% as busy as the 5 during it's heaviest traffic.

I'm probably very biased but I love our capella choice - the community is really nice and after living here for 6 months now we have no regrets about our purchase. You cannot compare the lush surroundings to most Irvine villages, there is something about the rolling hills of orchards on a cloudy day that is serene.

Anyway I hope you join our neighborhood and if not I hope you find a home that you will love as much as we love our home  :)

thelandofnoland said:
I should have information on both this, Eastwood, and Portola Springs in a few months or so.

@noland

Do you know if IP is the main builder of Eastwood? Do you have any insight into the single family homes (sq ft, lot size, any similarity to existing floor plans)? Thanks.

I had heard that the elementary planned in neighborhood 3 for Orchard hills has been cancelled and that they are not building it anymore.  Orchard Hills will be served by  Canyon View I believe.

Anyone have any updates on this?

sharaabi said:
I had heard that the elementary planned in neighborhood 3 for Orchard hills has been cancelled and that they are not building it anymore.  Orchard Hills will be served by  Canyon View I believe.

IUSD sucks, going back on their word :)

sharaabi said:

Where did you hear this?

Back