Author Topic: Orchard Hills Neighborhood 3  (Read 150826 times)

Offline brianlin87

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2
  • -Received: 6
Re: Orchard Hills Neighborhood 3
« Reply #495 on: November 11, 2019, 02:56:27 PM »
Does the Reserve have a guard at the gate yet?

NOPE

It'll be over a year easily before the Reserve will have a guard at the gate.  The CC&R's state that the guard won't be posted until a certain threshold of sales has been met (iirc north of 80%), so the Reserve has quite a long ways to go considering the second amenity hasn't even broken ground yet and there's tons more work to do for the extension tracts for Como/Terra, not counting the increased density to the existing plans. 

Offline Mety

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 143
  • -Received: 167
« Reply #496 on: November 11, 2019, 03:07:46 PM »
Do you guys like having guards though? It's kind of painful when you have guests over, no?

Offline Goriot

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 107
  • -Received: 88
« Reply #497 on: November 11, 2019, 03:33:04 PM »
Do you guys like having guards though? It's kind of painful when you have guests over, no?

For me personally, I definitely prefer a guard.  I hate telling guests the instructions to find my name, call me, and allow each guests access via phone or dial in before to give them access.  I just give out the Access codes to every guests because it's such a hastle to explain and they don't follow instructions.

Also having a presence of guard gives peace of mind that most of the cars will be monitored in and out.  Also, gives extra security.  There has been so many mail package thefts in Irvine.   Just having the guard with every car being monitored will lower the probability and can be deterrent to these thefts, etc.

Online lovingit

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 3
  • -Received: 16
« Reply #498 on: November 12, 2019, 04:49:30 PM »
NWP is guard gated.  Wouldn’t you think the guy who was killed had guards who wrote down the license plates, unless they came in undetected.

For me personally, I definitely prefer a guard.  I hate telling guests the instructions to find my name, call me, and allow each guests access via phone or dial in before to give them access.  I just give out the Access codes to every guests because it's such a hastle to explain and they don't follow instructions.

Also having a presence of guard gives peace of mind that most of the cars will be monitored in and out.  Also, gives extra security.  There has been so many mail package thefts in Irvine.   Just having the guard with every car being monitored will lower the probability and can be deterrent to these thefts, etc.

Offline Goriot

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
« Reply #499 on: November 12, 2019, 08:24:58 PM »
NWP is guard gated.  Wouldn’t you think the guy who was killed had guards who wrote down the license plates, unless they came in undetected.

This crime was specifically pre-planned hit related to personal shady dealings.  No way to prevent this one unless you have two to three 24 hour armed personal bodyguards.   If I was them, I wouldn't come through the front, get on the list, show ID, call the owner for approval and enter that way.  The question was do you prefer to have a guard or no guard in the entrance.   I rather have one then not for sure.

Offline Goriot

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
« Reply #500 on: November 14, 2019, 04:20:31 PM »
which 16 hours of the day?  People just sneak through after the gate goes up for the car in front during the night time, hope it's not unmanned during the night...

Guard during Night to Early Morning.  They will have no guard during the Model Home hours which is typically from 9:00 a.m./10:00 a.m. to 5:00/6:00 p.m.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 07:37:07 PM by Goriot »

Offline aquabliss

• Thanks
  • -Given: 169
  • -Received: 686
« Reply #501 on: November 14, 2019, 05:27:35 PM »
which 16 hours of the day?  People just sneak through after the gate goes up for the car in front during the night time, hope it's not unmanned during the night...

Guard during Night to Early Morning.  They will have no guard during the Model Home hours which is typically from 9:00 a.m./10:00 a.m. to 5:00/6:00 p.m.

Correction - I got it flip flopped.  LoL.  Official guard hours are 5:00 a.m. PST to 10:00 p.m. PST

Oh that's a good idea.  Leave it unguarded at night because no bad things usually happen in the evening past 10pm.

Online lovingit

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
« Reply #502 on: November 14, 2019, 06:27:38 PM »
Dumbest idea ever.  I’m sure the groves residents are ecstatic.

Online lovingit

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
« Reply #503 on: November 14, 2019, 06:36:22 PM »
Just announce it to everyone.  Come after hours since no one will be here....

Correction - I got it flip flopped.  LoL.  Official guard hours are 5:00 a.m. PST to 10:00 p.m. PST

Offline Goriot

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
« Reply #504 on: November 14, 2019, 07:36:43 PM »
Just announce it to everyone.  Come after hours since no one will be here....

I never thought about that.  I am assuming TalkIrvine bloggers are all good people.  I think I am going to delete incase their is a lone wolf lurking.

Offline Goriot

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
« Reply #505 on: November 14, 2019, 07:50:15 PM »

Oh that's a good idea.  Leave it unguarded at night because no bad things usually happen in the evening past 10pm.

Seriously.  Talk about being cheap and pinching pennies.  Pay the extra $20/hour x 2! = HOA increase of $5 per month.

Offline LongIrvine

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Received: 15
« Reply #506 on: November 14, 2019, 08:00:16 PM »
Plus social security. Medicare. Disability insurance etc

Offline Goriot

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
« Reply #507 on: November 14, 2019, 08:41:18 PM »
Plus social security. Medicare. Disability insurance etc

I did:) ok $25/hr.  $17 + 30% to 35%.  Usually 25% on avg.  anyways I am willing to pay that extra $5.

Offline Compressed-Village

• Thanks
  • -Given: 269
  • -Received: 192
« Reply #508 on: November 14, 2019, 08:45:16 PM »
Even with guards, gates and guns I would still prefer deterrent rather than having to deal with assailants face to face and make that decisions to pull the trigger or not.

Having deterrents means, post signage in front of your house that it is actively being monitor, EVEN if you don’t have such a service. A couple of front camera at each side of your house would seriously keep them away. If they intend to do a break and entering, these tools would deter them and highly likely they will skip your house and look for an easier safer target.

The ideas is to deter them away. Having a gate with guards and do nothing else on your own property in my opinion is a false sense of security. Many many times I caught securities not doing their jobs, and I would easily passed them if I needed to.

Offline Goriot

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
« Reply #509 on: November 14, 2019, 09:09:16 PM »
I am more sick of broken gates every other day, cars tail gating through, and giving instructions to guests/vendors to find me in keypad and dial etc to give them access.

I agree that they won’t stop planned violence but having a guard will give extra set of eyes for security, reduce traffic and limit random strangers strolling around.  Also, they can give immediate attention to broken gate, backed up guests who can’t figure out the key pad for access, etc.  Irvine Is pretty safe enough already. 
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 09:15:54 PM by Goriot »

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Related Links

Recent Posts