Awesome!

I don't have a dashcam, but if I did I'd have an awesome video. I got cutoff by an aggressive Mercedez Benz driver trying to merge into the I-5 South carpool lane just before the I-5/405 merge during the afternoon rush-hour and here' s what happens:

Benz cuts me off, I get behind him
Benz aggressively tailgates car in front of him
Benz crosses double yellow carpool line halfway and passes car in front of him
Benz swings back into car pool just before slow traffic and just inches past the car that was in front of him

Car that was in front of him is a.. unmarked highway patrol car

It was so funny.

irvinehomeowner said:
Don't FireBlade us... it might go unsaid but I assume the highway patrol car lit him up and pulled him over?

Yup. I'm sure he got a ton of violations too (reckless driving, speeding, crossing the double yellow line).

Be careful today when driving on Jamboree between I5 and Barranca. There are two motorcycle officers using lasers in both directions. They love hiding in the shade in the underpass areas. You won't see them until it is too late.

There's often a motorcycle cop on Jeffery between Irvine Center Drive and Walnut on either side near the train track.  I'm not sure if they are catching regular speeders or just the ones who are blatantly way above the speed limit.  It's easy to accidentally speed there since there's a downhill part as you go below the train.  I hope they are only targeting the blatant speeders and not the accidental ones...

After my wife and I having been rear ended (separate accidents) and the person behind us lying their ass off trying to get our of their responsibility, I put discrete 1080p dash cams in both cars to keep people honest if/when there is a next time. 

So several weeks ago when I was driving through a parking lot, I was stopped by one of the workers and accused of running over and crushing a cone.  I kept insisting I did not and was told I did it and was responsible.  Well, I remembered I have the dash cam and told the guy that I have a dash cam and can prove I did not do it.  I asked if he wanted to watch the playback right away. 

He looked surprised and then said no and that was the end of his accusations.

I have recorded so many people doing stupid things on my dash cam that I don't bother pulling the files off my SD card anymore. 

davenlei said:
After my wife and I having been rear ended (separate accidents) and the person behind us lying their ass off trying to get our of their responsibility, I put discrete 1080p dash cams in both cars to keep people honest if/when there is a next time. 

So several weeks ago when I was driving through a parking lot, I was stopped by one of the workers and accused of running over and crushing a cone.  I kept insisting I did not and was told I did it and was responsible.  Well, I remembered I have the dash cam and told the guy that I have a dash cam and can prove I did not do it.  I asked if he wanted to watch the playback right away. 

I have recorded so many people doing stupid things on my dash cam that I don't bother pulling the files off my SD card anymore.

If dashcams only record in front how does it help being rear ended?

What dashcams do you recommend?

paperboyNC said:
davenlei said:

If dashcams only record in front how does it help being rear ended?

What dashcams do you recommend?
Dashcams record where pointed, be it front or back! I purchased a cheap $20 one on Amazon to try it first and it works really well. The quality is pretty good, although I wish it was a little more discreet.

Back