LA Fitness Replacing Mervyns at Culver/Barranca

elgringo

I was just in the plaza at Culver and Barranca and noticed that the old Mervyns had been razed and a new LA Fitness would be built in that location.  That happened fast.  I could have sworn that the old building was there fairly recently.

Yep... must be nice to have so much fitness membership money to tear down a building and rebuild a new one.

I hear the 24-hour Fitness that took over the Circuit City at the Marketplace is open already... has anyone been inside? Is there any remnants of the old CC innards (other than flatscreen TVs hanging on the wall).

irvinehomeowner said:
I hear the 24-hour Fitness that took over the Circuit City at the Marketplace is open already... has anyone been inside? Is there any remnants of the old CC innards (other than flatscreen TVs hanging on the wall).

Very nice place.
linky:http://www.24hourfitness.com/FindClubDetail.do?clubid=884

Features include:
  • Two dozen of the obligatory wall-mounted and hanging flat screens.
    Two dozen of the very nice elliptical/stairclimber/stationary bike-mounted individual TVs (you can choose what you watch).
    Freeweights and machines.
    Full-length basketball.
    Racquetball.
    Yoga/Dance/Pilates room.
    Steam and Sauna rooms.
    4-lane lap pool. Therapy pool.
    Kids mini-waterpark (including a waterslide).
    Divided (by size/age group) kids babysitting area complete with mini-hoops, climbing structure, xbox, etc.
    and Bike room. 

I'll be working off the double-dip Thanksgiving that was enjoyed this year over there shortly.
-IrvineRealtor

Back