Author Topic: 30 Day Fitness Challenge 2015  (Read 95342 times)

Offline qwerty

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2738
  • -Received: 1834
Re: 30 Day Fitness Challenge 2015
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2015, 11:07:52 AM »
Paris - sounds like your husbands pal does have a thing for you. you only tease women you have an interest in sleeping with. the fact that he is a business partner really messes things up.  you should just approach him directly (leave your husband out of it) and let him know how his comments make you feel. he will tone it down after that (hopefully).

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
  • -Given: 492
  • -Received: 773
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2015, 11:16:18 AM »
Paris - sounds like your husbands pal does have a thing for you. you only tease women you have an interest in sleeping with. the fact that he is a business partner really messes things up.  you should just approach him directly (leave your husband out of it) and let him know how his comments make you feel. he will tone it down after that (hopefully).

Expect an invoice from Qwerty to arrive in the mail for the consultation fee. Jk

Offline Homer_Simpson

• CERTIFIED FCB
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 729
  • -Received: 738
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2015, 11:19:56 AM »
I think you missed a zero. No one can survive a 300 calories diet.

I'm currently eating 300 calories under my TDEE to minimize muscle and strength loss. 

Guess my wording was all screwed up LOL.  I'm not on a 300 calorie diet.  My TDEE is 2300 calories and I'm eating 300 calories less.  So I'm consuming 2000 calories a day. 

Don't think I'll have the strength to post on TI if I was on a 300 calorie diet lol
#FARM

Offline Homer_Simpson

• CERTIFIED FCB
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 729
  • -Received: 738
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2015, 11:21:44 AM »
I am in!
the goal is to drop my body fat from 10% to 8% in 30 days. ultimate goal is able to do 20 straight unassisted pull ups and bench press 1.5x my body weight.

good luck. at one point i was 210-220 with about 13% body fat. now i feel like shooting myself :-(

TCCC and Farmie should have a posedown. Socal, Bones and Paris can pick the winner.

I'm roughly around 15-16%, would love to drop to 11-12% by summer time!
#FARM

Offline qwerty

• Thanks
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2015, 11:25:07 AM »
i dont know how you guys sustain that. you must be very dedicated.  the only way i would be that dedicated is if i was still single. the only thing with low body fat right now are my calves :-)

Offline The California Court Company

• What's this?
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 381
  • -Received: 332
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2015, 11:27:06 AM »
is it against some forum rule to pose (semi)nude selfie? plus it might give away my identity.

I am in!
the goal is to drop my body fat from 10% to 8% in 30 days. ultimate goal is able to do 20 straight unassisted pull ups and bench press 1.5x my body weight.

good luck. at one point i was 210-220 with about 13% body fat. now i feel like shooting myself :-(

TCCC and Farmie should have a posedown. Socal, Bones and Paris can pick the winner.
"Should any Person come into contact with such fruit, soil or groundwater, such Person is advised to wash thoroughly with soap and water and seek immediate medical attention"-Augusta Disclosure, Tustin Legacy

"You'll probably be able to buy a 4BR detached home in Quail Hill for $150,000."-IndieDev

Offline bones

• Thanks
  • -Given: 212
  • -Received: 1178
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2015, 11:32:25 AM »
i dont know how you guys sustain that. you must be very dedicated.  the only way i would be that dedicated is if i was still single. the only thing with low body fat right now are my calves :-)

I'm at 20% right now.  It's super hard for me to get it any lower and takes a ton of dedication and motivation which I'm lacking.  I do want to try to get more ab definition.  But that requires a consistent calorie deficit.

Offline bones

• Thanks
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2015, 11:33:10 AM »
is it against some forum rule to pose (semi)nude selfie? plus it might give away my identity.

I am in!

That's why I can't do the challenge ;) 

Offline qwerty

• Thanks
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2015, 11:35:57 AM »

I'm at 20% right now.  It's super hard for me to get it any lower and takes a ton of dedication and motivation which I'm lacking.  I do want to try to get more ab definition.  But that requires a consistent calorie deficit.

i think we need to see a selfie of bones from the neck down to protect her identity :-)

20% is very good but ill take me some 25-30% any day all day!

Offline bones

• Thanks
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2015, 11:38:57 AM »

i think we need to see a selfie of bones from the neck down to protect her identity :-)

Oh wow - those pics are pretty accurate. Yup, that's me with the slight pooch thing (or whatever you want to call it). Yea to get to 15%, I would have to starve.  And no more Ren taiwanese noodles for breakfast.  That's a deal breaker.

Offline qwerty

• Thanks
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2015, 11:46:28 AM »
i think the pooch thingy you refer to are abs :-)

bones - do you work out or are you blessed with good genes?

Offline lnc

• Thanks
  • -Given: 573
  • -Received: 1064
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2015, 11:48:59 AM »
Actually anything under 30% looks pretty good.  :)

One thing that works for me really well is cutting down on carbs and take in more protein. 

I've peak my weight and waist size shortly after getting married and than over course of 2 years by doing some sort of  Atkins diet, work out and watch calories intake, I've lost 35 lbs and shrink my waist from 33" to 29".

I've maintain my current shape for a while now but fluctuate within range of 5-6 lbs.   Every time my weight gain pass the 5 lbs mark I significantly cut down on carbs and increase protein portion and usually I'll lost this 5 lbs gain within 2 weeks period.  Of course my regular gym visit helps too. 

Offline bones

• Thanks
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2015, 11:51:08 AM »
i think the pooch thingy you refer to are abs :-)

bones - do you work out or are you blessed with good genes?

Both.  Blessed with great asian genes :) and I also work out X times a week (run, pilates, weights).  Am also pretty disciplined about my diet.  I don't drink any calories.   Just black coffee + water the whole day.  I don't eat very much sugar.  My weakness are carbs (noodles mainly).  The key I find is to not stock any crap at home.  Can't eat it when you can't access it. 

Offline qwerty

• Thanks
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2015, 11:52:24 AM »
shrink my waist from 33" to 29".

keep this kind of non-sense to yourself or just PM farmie and TCCC. dont you know how these statements make me and IHO feel? you are just as bad as Paris' tormentor :-)

and where the hell is PS9 with his thread!

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline nosuchreality

• Thanks
  • -Given: 149
  • -Received: 542
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2015, 12:14:01 PM »
The why might simply be the baby.  How's the wife doing?  How are they doing on workload sharing with the baby?  Is he still in the no sex zone or is one of them in the too tired, too stressed too much baby for sex and the other, most likely him, life as normal?

Plus there may be the psych issues some men have when their wife becomes the mother of their children.

Of it could just be he still has a thing for you

Or even more simply, the brother to brother power struggle of unfinished childhood stuff

Here's an important question, growing up did your hubby usually come out on top or did the brother when they would compete?

Paris -- that is unbelievably rude of that guy and completely inappropriate. I'm sorry you are dealing with such a rude individual. This really isn't about you but about him. One of the best things you can say if he suggests you lose weight is, "Let's do it together!"

Unfortunately, I have had several toxic people plus one irrational, mentally ill parent in my life so I know how you feel. I really enjoy Marie Dubuque's channel on Youtube. She gives some great advice on how to deal with irrational people. I'm not much into "self-help" but she is a life coach, just fyi. Here are a few that deal with the situation you find yourself in. (Warning: her videos are addicting.) She is good at offering strategies. One big point is that it's best to have a plan before you encounter that person again. I hope this helps!

Thanks for the support guys - at first I thought "am I being irrational or overly sensitive" but nice to know it is totally inappropriate.

The background to this story is that this is my husband's brother from another mother - they grew up together and I don 't want to come between that close bond. And that he's our business partner in a large business so very intertwined relationship there. And in our younger days I was "the girl interest" between these 2 friends - thank God I chose my husband over him - best choice of my life. So now I don 't know why he's like that. Is it because we're all so comfortable with each other he feels like he can be brutally honest? He's alway commenting on my appearance in some way - whether it's what I'm wearing, or how I look. Why is it any if his business??? I guess I'm too fat for him now although just 10 years ago he was sending me valentine's day cards.  ::)

Anyway thought it'd be interesting to bring up that background. SoCal thanks for the video link - I will definitely check it out because I know I'll be dealing with this crap again soon.

But onto better things - it's nice to be on this challenge with others. And SoCal I'm sure you'll be joining us after your cruise but yes you must indulge on that cruise - or else what's the point of a cruise?

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal