Las Ventanas by Taylor Morrison at Portola Springs

irvineresident

Looks like Taylor Morrison will be building new Single Family Homes under the Las Ventanas name in the Northern enclave of Portola Springs on lots they were previously going to use for Las Colinas. Saw signs up on Distant Star while walking there last week. These are the lots between Portola Pkwy, 133, Ranchland and Arrowhead and have recently been regraded.

I was wondering what Taylor Morrison would do with these lots after they bought the larger Prado lots last year to build Las Colinas homes. Apparently they are also going the same route as most other builders here in Irvine by offering smaller, denser and cheaper products. There isn't anything on Taylor Morrison's or TIC's website yet, but found the following when I googled it.

"Early 2011 will bring the unveiling of Las Ventanas, a new collection of single-family homes in Irvine?s Village of Portola Springs.? Spanning 1,866 to 2,302 square feet, the homes are expected to start in the mid $600,000s."

The full article about Taylor Morrison is here. Primarily Taylor Morrison's marketing spin... plus a typo in the header ;)  Should expect to see something from TIC about it in the coming weeks.

irvinehomeowner said:
So where are they putting their Los Colinas homes (they just redesigned Plan 1)?

They are building the remaining Las Colinas homes on old Prado lots at the corner of Portola Pkwy and Ridge Valley. Its towards the left when you enter the Northern enclave via Ridge Valley. I believe the street is called Jasper and is South-East of the current Las Colinas homes. That area was also recently regraded.

I thought the framing was for Ironwood models but I could be wrong. Ironwood is between Las Ventanas and Sevilla. If the framing is for attached homes then its Ironwood. They were pouring the slab last Friday.

irvineresident said:
I thought the framing was for Ironwood models but I could be wrong. Ironwood is between Las Ventanas and Sevilla. If the framing is for attached homes then its Ironwood. They were pouring the slab last Friday.

Maybe you are right.  I just saw the houses were right next to the Las Ventanas sign so I assumed!

They moved the Ironwood sign.  It was where the new Las Ventanas sign is at now and they moved the Ironwood sign further down the street (to the right).  Either way, these are going to be really close to the 133. 

Based on the grading it looks like they will have regular driveways. Most of the community is built around a long U shaped street with homes facing each other in a traditional layout. It may be a short driveway though as the lots don't look too long.

this is really impressive considering the size of the homes are going to be 1800-2300 sq ft... just the sq ftage would make u automatically think about alleyways of garages.  i live in such a community now and want to move up to a SFR with its own driveway.  this is a departure from what we are used to, which is cramming the a home on the smallest lot of land possible...  and starting in the mid $600Ks, this sounds pretty attractive overall.  we are definitely going to keep on the lookout for these...

From a sq footage standpoint Las Ventanas will be a little bigger than Sevilla by Van Daele Homes, which are being built a little further down the street. Although the lots are also a bit bigger than Sevilla's, I think they are cramming these on small lots - just as we have seen so far with the 2010 New Home Collection, Laguna Altura and the regrading being done at Stonegate.

i hope these floorplans are good...    they seem affordable.  sonoma 1 was nice and affordable except there was no loft, no 4th br, no den, nothing...

akim997 said:
i hope these floorplans are good...    they seem affordable.  sonoma 1 was nice and affordable except there was no loft, no 4th br, no den, nothing...
but it did have a zero lot line, right?  ;)

If you drive by the area in Portola Springs, it looks like they are doing the frontal garage with driveway.

Maybe I will move to the boonies.

Man!  I drove there last night to scope out the remaining pocket of land that will house Las Ventanas, Ironwood, and Sevilla...  Although the noise is not an issue, looking up and seeing cars whizz by on the toll road isn't particularly appealing.  Other houses in PS are far enough away to make u feel ok, but these developments are pretty much going to be built close to the base of the hill that goes up to the toll road.  I was quite dissapointed in this as I was really looking forward to seeing Las Ventanas.  I drove through the gate that wasn't locked and was able to browse the Sevilla site as well.  They looked ok, but again the view from the model is of the toll road.

If you know me, I'm a big fan of full frontal (xxxxx)...  haha...

Yeah... when it comes to houses too... 

As appealing as it is, I'd have to see the model and site location and get comfortable with the toll road...

Back