Pick A Side

socal78

A study shows most people want to be on the right.... 54%. I am one of those people.

• Which side do you sleep on?
  • Why did you pick that side?
  • Would you give up control of the TV remote if it meant you could switch sides?

2649905F00000578-2978089-image-a-1_1425414632823.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...majority-Americans-prefer-sleeping-right.html

"A recent survey reveals there may be a wrong side of the bed after all.
In celebration of Sleep Awareness Week from March 2 to March 8, a survey conducted by the mattress company Saatva found that a majority of Americans prefer the right side of the bed.
The study also found that men were more likely than women to care about which side of the bed they were sleeping on and women cared more about which direction they were facing in bed..."

I got the left side because the right side was closer to the bathroom for her... then in one house I got the right side because that was closer to the window. The last few houses has been left.

I sleep on the right side (like the pic above).. that's because I'm a side sleeper and prefer to face my wife versus turning my back to her.  And for some reason I get dizzy (room starts spinning) when I sleep on my left side.. So to satisfy both, I'm happily stuck on the right side of the bed.

It all depends on the bathroom location for me too so can vary from house to house to house.

right side.  i sleep face down facing to the right or on my side facing the right side and like having the fan on me year round (on low).

I have the widest bed available on the market - an Eastern King - it's huge, so I actually think sleeping perpendicular on it is the most comfortable. Sometimes I accidentally fall asleep early that way and my husband hates it because he then has nowhere to sleep except an uncomfortable lump of blankets crumpled up at the very foot of the bed. His least favorite is when I fall asleep diagonal and sprawled out like a starfish. Then he only has a tiny sliver left in the corner. He has to physically drag my dead weight back to the right side or else wait for me to wake up on my own. (My brain tunes him out completely and does not respond to the sound of his voice at all. Must be a coping mechanism!!) But when I go to bed "the right way", it's always the right side. I am very territorial.  :) I don't know how you guys can suddenly switch after being on one side for so long.

@qwerzilla:

So do you bring a mini-fan with you on vacations?

I like a fan too... but not during the cold season... it will get me sick.

irvinehomeowner said:
@qwerzilla:

No, after my wife falls asleep I crank up the AC

qwerty said:
irvinehomeowner said:
@qwerzilla:

No, after my wife falls asleep I crank up the AC
Get yourself one of those smart themostats...you can adjust the temp with a few clicks on your phone.  ;)

Back