Hill for sprinting

csuf_cs06

Any fellow irvine dweller who can recommend a hill for sprinting?

I am near the intersection of Culver & Warner and am basically looking for something with a 6 to 8% gradient? Preferrably in a park. A road will do if a park is not available.

Any help would be appreciated,

csuf_cs06 said:
Any fellow irvine dweller who can recommend a hill for sprinting?

I am near the intersection of Culver & Warner and am basically looking for something with a 6 to 8% gradient? Preferrably in a park. A road will do if a park is not available.

Any help would be appreciated,
Peters Canyon Trail has slopes that you can run up.  Orchard Hill Road Loop, starting and ending at Culver/Portola, while not that steep is a nice gradual slope to run with a nice view of the new Orchard Hill Development.  If jogging with short sprints an option you could consider the paved mountain to sea trail that runs parallel to the flood control channel which has short but steep inclines when it passes underneath roads.

Irvine Dream said:
Peters Canyon Trail has slopes that you can run up.  Orchard Hill Road Loop, starting and ending at Culver/Portola, while not that steep is a nice gradual slope to run with a nice view of the new Orchard Hill Development.  If jogging with short sprints an option you could consider the paved mountain to sea trail that runs parallel to the flood control channel which has short but steep inclines when it passes underneath roads.

I checked it online and the Peters Canyon Trail seems to be the thing that I was looking for. Thanks :)

When I do my hill training I run Portola Pkwy from Culver to the tolls in Portola Springs. Lots of hills. the JOST from irvine Blvd to Portola is great too for hill training.

There is a great hill for sprinting on Yale and by the train tracks. I usually park on Winvale and walk on Yale to the top of the bridge. At the top of the bridge there  is an access point to Walnut trail. That hill is awesome!

Back