3D printing enthusiasts

changm55

any 3D printer folks out there?

got myself an SLA (pegasus touch) n been having tons of fun lol... wondering if there are other folks out there that enjoys 3D printing as a hobby :)

was arnd 3k... resins about a hundred bucks per liter...

took some evening classes on 3D printing at IVC, mostly printed parts for a architectural model... but since class ended, right now ive been printing some toys for my nephew to get a feel of the printer/resins ability to handle draft... now im gonna try to print a lamp so i can use it as a pattern for investment casting... if that goes well then that opens the door to a few other possibilities...

irvinehomeshopper said:
1/2 of the Irvine population will finally find satisfaction by printing Qwerty. Just to let all of you know I hold the right to the 3D scanned file.

UR RIGHTS MEAN NOTHING! i shall draw my own qwerty (n maybe his dog too) and post it on grabcad and thingiverse for ALL to share! LOL

hmmm by now we need an upgrade... how about i draw a 2-headed radioactive lime green dog that transforms INTO A QWERTY! that would actually be kinda awesome...

ITS A TRAP!!

lol... dont buy from these mass retailers... u can get better resolution machines for a lot cheaper else where...

right now, even these mass retailer ones (dremel from homedepot, makerbots from staples) still require a lot of tender loving care + troubleshooting when things go wrong... i actually dont like how the mass retailers are doing exactly because of this... they almost market it as simple as pushing a button n u get a 3D print which isnt true... the reality is that there is quite a bit of pre-processing + troubleshooting when prints go wrong mid-way + post processing...

Back