4K TV

What? Seiki isn't a brand? :)

I have the go from the boss on a 4k but holiday bills say otherwise... maybe in 3 or 4 months.

yaliu07 said:
ps9 said:
http://slickdeals.net/f/7570340-toshiba-58-black-uhd-4k-led-smart-hdtv-58l8400u-989-10

Here we go, first branded 4K TV below $1000.  58" is not too shabby at this price.  No tax/Free shipping. 

If you have a discover card, 5% back through shopdiscover link, making this TV $940 shipped after cash back.

So how do I justify this purchase with the wife? :)

buy her pants.  obviously, she is the one wearing at home.

Hey yaliu I think you forgot a smiley face at the end of that snark.  Try it, people might like you more :)

ps9 said:
yaliu07 said:
ps9 said:
http://slickdeals.net/f/7570340-toshiba-58-black-uhd-4k-led-smart-hdtv-58l8400u-989-10

Here we go, first branded 4K TV below $1000.  58" is not too shabby at this price.  No tax/Free shipping. 

If you have a discover card, 5% back through shopdiscover link, making this TV $940 shipped after cash back.

Hey yaliu I think you forgot a smiley face at the end of that snark.  Try it, people might like you more :)

Sorry.  my bad.

here is my smiley face.  :)

one extra for previous comment :)

one extra just for ps9  :)

irvinehomeowner said:
I have the go from the boss on a 4k but holiday bills say otherwise... maybe in 3 or 4 months.

Just taped up a $100 bill to the backboard at orchard park :)

yaliu07 said:

Well, some acknowledge they don't wear the pants, some think they do but they don't - even those with large bats.  By nature, men want more ... and hence they are always the weaker sex

I don't really know anything at all about televisions (that's completely Mr. SoCal's forte) or have anything of value to add here except to say I like this one kind they have now with a curved screen for your viewing pleasure. I believe it was a Samsung. I saw it recently at my nearby Irvine Costco a.k.a. home-away-from-home. I don't know if it's a "4k" or what. I simply saw it and made a mental note to buy one, and asked him to put it into his "consideration pile". Why they didn't have this years earlier, I don't know. 

Netflix (make sure the TV is Netflix approved), high megapixel camera's slide shows, youtube.  I believe Amazon Video has it too.  Compatibility is an issue, as not all 4K TVs will work, the Toshiba I posted above looks like will NOT work with Netflix.  Samsung is the most compatible with all services.

ps9 said:

Easy. You look at the T.V. You look really happy. You let her look at you, looking happily at the T.V. She sees you. She thinks it's really cute when you're happy 'cause she loves you. She wants you to have the T.V. Ta-da!

Isn't that pretty much how it works? That's it from my wifely p.o.v. I'll tell you one other thing. I know you've said before but I can't remember right now what field you work in... but maybe this could apply. This is my philosophy: Mr. SoCal is in a High-Tech field. I feel he should have access to any and all State Of The Art gadgets / electronics he wants (within reason  ;) ). Whatever sparks his creativity and passion, I believe, helps him be that much better at his job, which ultimately benefits both of us.  :) Feel free to swipe this idea and pass it on to your wife.

ps9 said:
Netflix (make sure the TV is Netflix approved), high megapixel camera's slide shows, youtube.  I believe Amazon Video has it too.  Compatibility is an issue, as not all 4K TVs will work, the Toshiba I posted above looks like will NOT work with Netflix.  Samsung is the most compatible with all services.

Ok, good. So, I guess the rumor I heard is not true, then. Someone said a 4k TV owner would have to wait "5-10 years" for enough content to be available to make the TV worth purchasing. Hrmph.

4K tech isn't standard?

That's dumb. I don't think that was a problem with 3D so why with 4K? I don't remember it being an issue with 720p or 1080p... need to Google-Fu this.

i looked into 4k tvs too, but after asking arnd my friends who work for the big telecoms... below is my conclusion...

if u need a tv now, or if its a status thing, go for it, its a decent deal

if u can wait for another 1-2 years then wait... u wont be using much of ur tvs 4k capabilities much until then too since itll take the major providers about 1-2 years to ramp their 4k content (ie clean house n sunset old content/channels to make space for 4k content/channels)... by that time the same tv will be much cheaper too

Hey man haha been mad busy for te past yr... Glad I'm finally able to catch some zzz's n burn some time on TI hahaha.. How bout u? Any interesting debates on here going on? Lol

Back