Lambert Ranch in Irvine

lcms2002

Lambert ranch, 50 acres farm land near the north enclave in PS, is going to be developed by New Home Company, the builder of Carmel in Woodbury. It is believed that this parcel of land will be the upper scale homes (~170)and a gated community. This ranch may not be part of PS village, since they have recreation facility of its own.

Here is the info from the builder website:
Lambert Ranch, one of Orange County?s most anticipated residential developments, is a gated master-planned community of 169 single-family luxury residences. The 50-acre parcel of land located in the heart of Irvine and known as Lambert Ranch will take advantage of the property?s unique topography by offering dramatic views of the surrounding Irvine valley. Lambert Ranch will also feature a private recreational facility for its future residents.

Model home openings and preliminary sales are anticipated to begin in early 2012. We encourage all interested homeshoppers to register online today for future news and updates as we approach this date.

lcms2002 said:
Lambert ranch, 50 acres farm land near the north enclave in PS, is going to be developed by New Home Company, the builder of Carmel in Woodbury. It is believed that this parcel of land will be the upper scale homes (~170)and a gated community. This ranch may not be part of PS village, since they have recreation facility of its own.

Here is the info from the builder website:
Lambert Ranch, one of Orange County?s most anticipated residential developments, is a gated master-planned community of 169 single-family luxury residences. The 50-acre parcel of land located in the heart of Irvine and known as Lambert Ranch will take advantage of the property?s unique topography by offering dramatic views of the surrounding Irvine valley. Lambert Ranch will also feature a private recreational facility for its future residents.

Model home openings and preliminary sales are anticipated to begin in early 2012. We encourage all interested homeshoppers to register online today for future news and updates as we approach this date.

Just what Irvine needs, more $1M+ homes.

annabanana said:
Where exactly is this Lambert Ranch?
I believe that I saw a map for Lambert Ranch. After this acquisition, they removed the website of Lambert ranch. Too bad, I did not download it. The layout of the ranch was approved by the city, there is a guard house at the entrance, recreation facility is upfront with landscape and green island. Most of those houses along the hill just like Serra in PS. I bet they have good view but it is very close to 241. Since a big portion of this ranch lies along hills, it seems crowded for 170 homes in 50 acres, especially considering that the recreation takes most of lower ground.   

Developer & Builder
The New Home Company
www.TheNewHomeCompany.com
Size & Location
51.1 acres at the intersection of Portola Parkway and Ridge Valley
Irvine, Calif.

The Homes
? Planned for 169 single?family homes ? 65 Cottages, 46 Villas, 58 Estates
? Lots expected to range from 4,250 to 6,900 square feet
? Homes expected to range from 2,850 to 4,350 square feet
? 29 Villas will be constructed on ?Lambert Hill,? an area of the property terraced up to 120 feet
above flat portions of the site. These homes will create an elite collection of homes with views
of the Ocean and Catalina Island, Irvine Valley, Saddleback Mountains.
Landmarks & Recreation
? Lambert Ranch will be accessed by two main entry gates; a main manned entry gate at a new
intersection off of Portola Parkway will feature decorative paving and an enhanced landscape
pedestrian walkway (?greenbelt?) on each side of the street. A second unmanned gate will
provide access at the existing intersection at Ridge Valley.
? Two private recreational facilities ? owned and operated by the Lambert Ranch Homeowners
Association ? will offer meeting and event space and a private swimming pool.
? Three common landscaped areas will offer additional outdoor spaces exclusively for residents.
? Existing cell towers will be relocated and housed in a barn and water tower structure consistent
with the neighborhood design theme. Three temporary cell?on?wheels devices (similar to a small
U?Haul trailer) will provide interim cell service for approximately 180 days during construction of
the permanent facilities. The cell?on?wheels will be placed on a newly graded slope close to the
existing cell towers while the permanent pad is developed further north of the current site.
? Trails and sidewalks (open to the public) will meander through the community to provide
connections to existing and future Portola neighborhoods.

Anticipated Timing
? Spring 2011 ? Grading begins
? Fall 2011 ? Model construction begins
? Winter 2012 ? Street construction
? Spring 2012 ? Model Grand Opening & start of sales
? Fall 2012 ? First residents move in

irvinehomeowner said:
If people think Portola Springs is far... isn't this farther?

Closer to the Spectrum and Foothill Ranch though.

It sits right next to Northern Enclave of PS, so it is the same distance.

The bigger question is will there be demand for this type of McMansion product in 2012? The head winds over the next couple years include: rising interest rates, government efforts to privatize the mortgage market, and shadow inventory. Are there enough FCBs to support $1M+ homes?

Although Lambert Ranch is NOT a TIC project, it will benefit from the sales data for these type of homes. I'm sure TIC is debating the time frame for Orchard Hills and if Lambert does well, they can move quickly to sell homes. The Laguna Altura larger SFR homes sales will also throw some light on demand for these type of upper end gated products.

You still have the same negatives as the rest of PS, being close proximity to an active land fill, jail, toll road and wild fires.  So on top of this you're paying millions? Why would anybody buy these homes when they can spend the same money at QH and TR?

bones said:
Terran said:
You still have the same negatives as the rest of PS, being close proximity to an active land fill, jail, toll road and wild fires.  So on top of this you're paying millions? Why would anybody buy these homes when they can spend the same money at QH and TR?

I must have missed the part where they said homes in Lambert Ranch will cost many millions.

Bad timing for them. I doubt the RE environment is going to improve significantly between now and early 2012. I doubt selling new $2M+ homes will go very quickly.

I'm sure this is speculative...

their revised pricing of stonetree manor seems to be more agressive.    Taylor Morrison and Van Daele are have more agressive pricing that TIC as well so, given that the new home company is new im guessing it does not have the luxury of TIC to be able to sit there and not sell homes. unlike TIC im guessing they need the cash and will price accordingly.

qwerty said:
their revised pricing of stonetree manor seems to be more agressive.    Taylor Morrison and Van Daele are have more agressive pricing that TIC as well so, given that the new home company is new im guessing it does not have the luxury of TIC to be able to sit there and not sell homes. unlike TIC im guessing they need the cash and will price accordingly.
And compared to the TIC sales drones...errrr people...the people at The New Home Company are pleasant to work with as well as being very knowledgable and friendly.

As I've mentioned in other threads, Laguna Altura--Cortona & Toscana sales will be a pretty good barometer for new construction at the higher end. Both sites will be gated and marketed as exclusive Irvine SFR. Subsequently, if Lambert Ranch sells well, then TIC knows it can quickly bring online OH and really juice the market.

Lambert Ranch site plan as posted in OC Register on 5/5/11. Backyards are small for most homes. Pricing may be similar to Las Colinas' for the smaller homes. Ones with larger lots and views may go for mid to high $1M in my opinion. A lot depends on how the market performs once the conforming jumbo loan limit is lowered.

Back