SUV/MiniVan with DvD players

yaliu07

Currently looking for a SUV/MiniVan.  I am curious if I want to buy one with DVD player.  Does any dad/mom have any experience with build in dvd player.  Is it a good or bad thing to have? 

It's good but you have to carry around a bunch of DVDs (so get the changer option).

Now I just use a tablet and the electronic version of the movie (or Netflix streaming via my phone hotspot).

Some allow you to read files off a USB stick or an SD card (a better option).

http://m.target.com/p/highroad-ipad-holder-for-the-car-black/-/A-14266405?ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001&AFID=google_pla_df&LNM=14266405&CPNG=Automotive&kpid=14266405&LID=15pgs&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=14266405&kpid=14266405&gclid=CLPX7t3u58ICFQ-paQoddUUA5Q

With all the iPad cases out there for headrest I really don't see why anyone would pay extra for the built in DVd. Just pair up the iPad with some wireless headphones and your set. And no need to buy DVDs and carry them around

That creates a lot of clutter to make your car presentable once you park.  A headrest strap is an invitation for iPad thieves.

We have a built in. It's great. DVDs are dirt cheap on lightning deals/target/Walmart/etc.  Or there are ways around getting physical DVDs like IHO mentioned above. The system I have comes with wireless headphones so you don't have to listen to frozen for the umpteenth time if you don't want to. 

bones said:
We have a built in. It's great. DVDs are dirt cheap on lightning deals/target/Walmart/etc.  Or there are ways around getting physical DVDs like IHO mentioned above. The system I have comes with wireless headphones so you don't have to listen to frozen for the umpteenth time if you don't want to.

What a baller!  ;)

irvinehomeowner said:
It's good but you have to carry around a bunch of DVDs (so get the changer option).

Now I just use a tablet and the electronic version of the movie (or Netflix streaming via my phone hotspot).

We have the honda odyssey. We use a 6ft apple to composite av cable plugged into the rear port with the cable between the middle seat.. It's just long enough with a iPod (old one) to reach the center console for front seat control.  120+ videos  (30 minute shows sans commercials) on the iPod converted to music format so you can create playlists and shuffle. 

There's a USB port up front but seems to be disabled for video.  Very  frustrating.  Haven't tried loading the built in HDD suspect video disabled there to since seems to be geared to holding music.

nosuchreality said:
irvinehomeowner said:

We have the honda odyssey. We use a 6ft apple to composite av cable plugged into the rear port with the cable between the middle seat.. It's just long enough with a iPod (old one) to reach the center console for front seat control.  120+ videos  (30 minute shows sans commercials) on the iPod converted to music format so you can create playlists and shuffle. 

There's a USB port up front but seems to be disabled for video.  Very  frustrating.  Haven't tried loading the built in HDD suspect video disabled there to since seems to be geared to holding music.

Unless I'm missing something, you can listen to music via the iPod. How about watching video?

Back