• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2661
  • -Received: 4017
  • 3CWG
Re: God?
« Reply #825 on: October 11, 2021, 04:14:21 PM »
They mandated all churches... not just Grace... but Grace defied state orders.

And you know there were Covid cases... they hid them.

Are you really that gullible?
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

Offline Mety

• Thanks
  • -Given: 217
  • -Received: 275
« Reply #826 on: October 11, 2021, 06:15:18 PM »

First, you said Grace Church sued the city/county for all that money. I explained it was not about money but was about being a church which gathers people weekly and to get their parking spot back. The church was sued first and the parking spot was shut by the state so they had to defy the order and fight back. 

Which brings to the second point, why did they defy the state order? Because they felt like not being able to gather was against God's order. So it's just as simple as them choosing to obey God's order over the State's order. If you're going to argue God never ordered us to meet weekly, that's another subject. I'm strictly talking about their lawsuit case because you first asked about it along with wrong information. BTW, if you're all about following the order, they won the case. So the order is that they're allowed to meet regularly weekly.

Third, can you find the fact they were hiding the Covid cases? They actually had some cases. They were like 3 or 4 people infected which was posted here by me as well. Have you seen more cases from there? Just because your logic says meeting thousands of people weekly must bring more cases, it doesn't mean that really happened. Even if it did, where did you find the information they were "hiding" it?

Offline Mety

• Thanks
« Reply #827 on: October 11, 2021, 06:22:45 PM »

First, you said Grace Church sued the city/county for all that money. I explained it was not about money but was about being a church which gathers people weekly and to get their parking spot back. The church was sued first and the parking spot was shut by the state so they had to defy the order and fight back. 

Which brings to the second point, why did they defy the state order? Because they felt like not being able to gather was against God's order. So it's just as simple as them choosing to obey God's order over the State's order. If you're going to argue God never ordered us to meet weekly, that's another subject. I'm strictly talking about their lawsuit case because you first asked about it along with wrong information. BTW, if you're all about following the order, they won the case. So the order is that they're allowed to meet regularly weekly.

Third, can you find the fact they were hiding the Covid cases? They actually had some cases. They were like 3 or 4 people infected which was posted here by me as well. Have you seen more cases from there? Just because your logic says meeting thousands of people weekly must bring more cases, it doesn't mean that really happened. Even if it did, where did you find the information they were "hiding" it?

Adding...
I did some search now and it looks like the head pastor there also may have been contracted covid himself. He said he took 2 weeks off and came back fine. It looks like this happened end of last year. So I'm not sure where you think they were hiding anything.

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • 3CWG
« Reply #828 on: October 11, 2021, 06:27:41 PM »
You only see what you want to see.
I recommend:

Offline Mety

• Thanks
« Reply #829 on: October 11, 2021, 06:29:43 PM »
The same may go with you, my friend. If you are against that church, there is nothing I can do. I'm only stating facts. If you think I'm wrong, prove me wrong. I'm more than happy to admit I'm wrong if I am.

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • 3CWG
« Reply #830 on: October 11, 2021, 06:45:48 PM »
How can I prove something when they are hiding it? If you Googled correctly, there are articles where Grace church asked their members not to admit they got Covid.

Science says with gatherings that large and indoors without masks, the % of infection should be much higher than reported... but you will only see what you will see. If you actually believe there was no "real outbreak", there is nothing I can tell you otherwise.

God does not go against science... God is science... and as morekaos likes to say... virus is gonna virus.
I recommend:

Offline Mety

• Thanks
« Reply #831 on: October 11, 2021, 07:03:53 PM »
You just have to read or listen really carefully into the articles. There are more than just what the headline says most of the time. Find me where they asked their members not to admit it. I'll gladly look into it.

And let me correct you if you don't mind. God is not science. God created science and he sometimes goes against it for His people. The earth cannot be made in 7 days by science. The sea cannot get divided into a walking land by science. A virgin can't have a child by science. The water cannot turn into wine by science. The dead man cannot get raised to live again by science. Are you really a Christian?

Now I don't mean to say defy science. God made it and we live with it. You just need to know God is above it to do His will when He wants.

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • 3CWG
« Reply #832 on: October 12, 2021, 04:50:06 PM »
Hah. All those things you mentioned... that's science we just don't understand yet.
I recommend:

Offline Mety

• Thanks
« Reply #833 on: October 12, 2021, 11:22:31 PM »
Good luck trying to figure it out in the name of science. BTW someone might actually tell you he/she figured it out as you'd hope in a future. Just know that person is most likely the Anti-Christ who Jesus warned us about.

Offline akkord

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 0
  • -Received: 125
« Reply #834 on: October 13, 2021, 06:26:17 AM »
Imagine some of you at /r/atheism, and isn't Christianity in the US at a low for younger people? 

Offline Mety

• Thanks
« Reply #835 on: October 13, 2021, 09:49:48 AM »
Imagine some of you at /r/atheism, and isn't Christianity in the US at a low for younger people?

The lack of true bible teaching in US churches or anywhere around the world to be honest resulted as such. Too much emotionalism and “church cultures” took over while the actual teachings about God or Jesus have been lost for centuries. Hence people especially young people tend to leave churches when they question the hypocrisy of such churches.

Offline akkord

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 0
  • -Received: 125
« Reply #836 on: October 13, 2021, 01:47:55 PM »

The lack of true bible teaching in US churches or anywhere around the world to be honest resulted as such. Too much emotionalism and “church cultures” took over while the actual teachings about God or Jesus have been lost for centuries. Hence people especially young people tend to leave churches when they question the hypocrisy of such churches.

So as the population ages, people will be less religious in the US.  I have no problem with that, nor do I have a problem with anyone who chooses to go to church, mosques, temples, whatever it may be. My brother's family goes to church, my family doesn't, and we never push our beliefs on each other.  When people start pushing their beliefs on others is where problems begin and people start being dicks to each other.

Offline Mety

• Thanks
« Reply #837 on: October 13, 2021, 02:31:39 PM »

So as the population ages, people will be less religious in the US.  I have no problem with that, nor do I have a problem with anyone who chooses to go to church, mosques, temples, whatever it may be. My brother's family goes to church, my family doesn't, and we never push our beliefs on each other.  When people start pushing their beliefs on others is where problems begin and people start being dicks to each other.

I agree forcing can only cause problems. I believe in Christianity and Jesus taught that we believers are to love one another among us so that non-believers would know that we really are God's people. Many churches in America and other places actually implemented other traditions and cultures to attract people in ways that are not about loving among believers but about being accepting and friendly of the world. It seemed to work for some time, but many forgot about loving within and we now see people walking away because it was never our Lord's commandment that way. It's been sort of forcing in a "friendly way" if you know what I mean.

As for someone who completely has no idea about God or Jesus, the faith would most likely come from questioning God on his/her own -
Who created the universe? How did everything come together as we see? Why are there so much evil in this world? Why are there so many beautiful things in this world? Why do bad things happen to good people? Why do bad people succeed? What is sin? What happens after death? Where are we going?

These are the questions any person, believer or not, can ask some time in life. I personally found answers from The Bible, not by some people forcing their cultures on me.

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
  • -Given: 493
  • -Received: 776
« Reply #838 on: October 13, 2021, 02:34:46 PM »
What Bible did you read?

Offline Mety

• Thanks
« Reply #839 on: October 13, 2021, 02:53:11 PM »
What Bible did you read?

Are you asking what version? I used to read NIV, but I found ESV to be more accurate. NKJV is good also.

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Recent Posts

Re: coronavirus by nosuchreality
[Today at 03:31:29 PM]

Re: Funny things Joe says... by CalBears96
[Today at 03:25:04 PM]

Re: Funny things Joe says... by CalBears96
[Today at 03:23:01 PM]

Re: Funny things Joe says... by morekaos