2 (5.4%)
No, but I believe in a higher power
6 (16.2%)
No, not at all
11 (29.7%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Author Topic: God?  (Read 24855 times)

Offline Panda

• "Live a life that will help others financially, spiritually, physically, and emotionally. Live a life that serves as an example of what an exceptional life could look like."
  • Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 281
  • -Received: 373
    • www.realwealthmanagement.com
Re: God?
« Reply #390 on: August 23, 2019, 08:46:45 PM »
Dios te ama!

« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 09:14:18 PM by Panda »
James Park, MBA
Investment Real Estate Broker
CalBRE# 01894781, NMLS License # 1572291
Direct: (678) 865-6250
Email: jpark@johnscreekrealtypartners.com

http://www.biggerpockets.com/users/Panda
http://www.johnscreekrealtypartners.com

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline Panda

• "Live a life that will help others financially, spiritually, physically, and emotionally. Live a life that serves as an example of what an exceptional life could look like."
  • Thanks
« Reply #391 on: August 24, 2019, 03:28:08 AM »
Dios siempre está contigo!   Song : Contigo (With You) - Spanish

esta canción es muy hermosa. Dios te ama.
이 음악은 아름답습니다.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 02:18:27 PM by Panda »
James Park, MBA

Offline Panda

• Thanks
« Reply #392 on: August 24, 2019, 12:06:39 PM »
La musica es muy hermosa. Dios te ama.   Song : Digno (Worthy) - Spanish
이 음악은 아름답습니다!

« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 02:18:13 PM by Panda »
James Park, MBA

Offline Panda

• Thanks
« Reply #393 on: August 24, 2019, 08:12:38 PM »

Philippians 4:6-7 & Isaiah 26:3 | Do Not Worry.
Do not worry about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, presenting your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding will guard your heart and your mind in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:6-7

When we worry about things that haven't taken place yet, we are pretty much on our own. God can't help us with those things, because his will is that we fully live and enjoy today, while completely trusting him for the future.

When we worry, we are letting our minds wander around from the past, to the present to the future, and we wonder or reason about what is going to happen to us, and we start to lose our peace. God intends for us to keep our minds on what we are doing. I don't mean to say that we never take the time to reflect about our past or make plans for the future. But when we do, it should be something we do intentionally with purpose, but not with loose mind that never focuses on anything. All these type of thoughts will pressure us, because they are not God's will. The prophet Isaiah said that God would keep us in perfect peace when our mind is fixed on him.

You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you.

Isaiah 26:3
James Park, MBA

Offline Panda

• Thanks
« Reply #394 on: August 25, 2019, 02:23:46 PM »

하나님은 당신을 사랑하십니다.

Lord. You are our father and we are the clay. You are the potter and we are all work of your hands.

Story : Tea Cup

Jinyoung and Hee-sun had recently gotten married and were excited about their new future together. As they were enjoying their romantic walk together, Hee-sun noticed a small antique shop and noticed a beautiful teacup sitting on the shelf and told Jinyoung that she needs to go inside and check out this beautiful tea cup.

She took it off the shelf, so that she can take a closer look at it and just went she about to purchase the gorgeous cup, she jumped when the tea cup began to talk. The tea cup told Hee-sun, "Please don't be afraid. "I wasn't always like this. There was a time when I was just a cold, hard, colorless lump of clay. One day my master picked me up and said, "I could do something with this. Then he started to pat me, and roll me, and change my shape.

"I said, "What are you doing? That hurts. I don't know if I want to look like this! Stop it! I said. But the master said, 'Not yet.' "Then he put me on a wheel and began to spin me around and around and around, until I screamed, "Let me off, I am getting dizzy and I am about to throw up!' Not yet, the master said."

Then he shaped me into a cup and put me in a hot oven increasing the heat to 400 degrees. I cried, "Let me out! It's so hot in here, I am going to die, I am going to suffocate. But he just looked at me through that little glass window and smiled, and said, 'Not yet'.

"When he took me out, I thought his work on me was finally over, but then he started to paint me. I couldn't believe what he did next. He put me back into the hot oven and increased the temperature to 500 degrees, and I started to yell, "You have to believe me, I can't stand this! I can't believe you are doing this to me again! Please let me out! But he smiled again and said 'Not yet'.

"Finally, he took me out of the oven and set me up on a shelf where I thought he had forgotten about me. Then one day he took me off the shelf and held me in front of a mirror. I couldn't believe my eyes, I had become a beautiful teacup that everyone wants to buy."
James Park, MBA

Offline Panda

• Thanks
« Reply #395 on: August 25, 2019, 02:35:06 PM »

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

John 3:16

But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed. We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way; and the Lord has laid on him the iniquity of us all.

Isaiah 53:5-6

James Park, MBA

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
  • -Given: 342
  • -Received: 591
« Reply #396 on: August 26, 2019, 09:34:38 AM »
Ecclesiastes 3:8

a time to love, and a time to hate; a time for war, and a time for peace.

Offline Mety

• Thanks
  • -Given: 130
  • -Received: 140
« Reply #397 on: August 26, 2019, 11:48:25 AM »
I really don’t care what Mety says. He can copy and paste, but does he really live by it. He can put his hand on the Bible, but I don’t see him sticking up for other people and help the unfortunate.

Copying and pasting without giving a proper credit would be a plagiarism. Try copying and pasting what I wrote and see if you can find it elsewhere in search engines.

More importantly, the main message of The Bible or the gospel is not about helping the unfortunate. Don't get me wrong. Helping the unfortunate is definitely something a believer would do and God condemns those who don't throughout His Words. However, there are tons of other books and other religions encouraging on that matter as well. The main message or the real difference is that The Bible is teaching Jesus Christ is the ONLY ONE who performs all those good things in our lives. We, followers of Jesus Christ, are only responsible to have that faith/belief and repent of our shortcomings. All the good things including standing up and helping the unfortunate are all being done by Christ Himself. It's never our own goodness because we don't have ANY goodness to begin with. Knowing and believing that everyday is the most important if not the only meaning of "living by it as a Christian."

Offline Mety

• Thanks
« Reply #398 on: August 26, 2019, 11:52:21 AM »
Ecclesiastes 3:8

a time to love, and a time to hate; a time for war, and a time for peace.

A great quote as every Word of God is great.
The meaning of this text is that God is the one sets up all those "times." It might seem like we are setting up a time for love, peace, war, etc. but God is the one who is in control and sets up all those times in His-story, history.

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #399 on: August 26, 2019, 11:53:13 AM »
I really don’t care what Mety says. He can copy and paste, but does he really live by it. He can put his hand on the Bible, but I don’t see him sticking up for other people and help the unfortunate.

Copying and pasting without giving a proper credit would be a plagiarism. Try copying and pasting what I wrote and see if you can find it elsewhere in search engines.

More importantly, the main message of The Bible or the gospel is not about helping the unfortunate. Don't get me wrong. Helping the unfortunate is definitely something a believer would do and God condemns those who don't throughout His Words. However, there are tons of other books and other religions encouraging on that matter as well. The main message or the real difference is that The Bible is teaching Jesus Christ is the ONLY ONE who performs all those good things in our lives. We, followers of Jesus Christ, are only responsible to have that faith/belief and repent of our shortcomings. All the good things including standing up and helping the unfortunate are all being done by Christ Himself. It's never our own goodness because we don't have ANY goodness to begin with. Knowing and believing that everyday is the most important if not the only meaning of "living by it as a Christian."

What Bible have you been reading? Let me share with you the versus that show about the importance of helping others.

Offline Mety

• Thanks
« Reply #400 on: August 26, 2019, 11:54:38 AM »
As most of you guys know, the greatest commandment is to love God and to love your neighbor as yourself, right? And do you guys think you're doing just fine on that matter because you're helping out others and making donation of quite a bit of money? Hmmmm.. Let me ask you some questions. When was the last time you bought as nice house as you're living in for your neighbor? When was the last time you bought your neighbor as nice car as you're driving? Can you do these to your neighbor? Because if you really loved your neighbor as "YOURSELF," you would do those things, right? Too hard? Sure, let me go a little easier on you. When was the last time you washed your neighbor's dirty feet? Don't you wash yours everyday?

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #401 on: August 26, 2019, 11:56:38 AM »
As most of you guys know, the greatest commandment is to love God and to love your neighbor as yourself, right? And do you guys think you're doing just fine on that matter because you're helping out others and making donation of quite a bit of money? Hmmmm.. Let me ask you some questions. When was the last time you bought as nice house as you're living in for your neighbor? When was the last time you bought your neighbor as nice car as you're driving? Can you do these to your neighbor? Because if you really loved your neighbor as "YOURSELF," you would do those things, right? Too hard? Sure, let me go a little easier on you. When was the last time you washed your neighbor's dirty feet? Don't you wash yours everyday?

Give me a break.

Ephesians 4:28 

Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.

My comment: How can you help? If you don’t work.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 12:01:42 PM by eyephone »

Offline Mety

• Thanks
« Reply #402 on: August 26, 2019, 11:59:22 AM »

Give me a break.

Exactly. You can't do those things. You can't love your neighbor as yourself. I admit I can't.

Offline Mety

• Thanks
« Reply #403 on: August 26, 2019, 12:01:41 PM »

What Bible have you been reading? Let me share with you the versus that show about the importance of helping others.

What Bible? I usually read ESV. I also said it's very important to help others also if you read what I wrote again. I just brought up a greater importance as well.

Offline Mety

• Thanks
« Reply #404 on: August 26, 2019, 12:17:14 PM »

Give me a break.

Ephesians 4:28 

Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.

My comment: How can you help? If you don’t work.

Yes, even that verse you quoted says work to help others. It doesn't say work to get yourself's needs first. Did you first buy your neighbor a  home before buying yours? I bought mine first.

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Related Links

Recent Posts