Author Topic: God?  (Read 32990 times)

Offline morekaos

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 340
  • -Received: 353
Re: God?
« Reply #510 on: November 06, 2019, 10:55:40 AM »
Actually, I am deeply Catholic but I respect your point of view about the church (many see it like you do).  The post was mostly lamenting the decline of faith...not attacking it.  Form is an entirely different topic to me.

Offline Mety

• Thanks
  • -Given: 141
  • -Received: 166
« Reply #511 on: November 06, 2019, 02:16:14 PM »
Actually, I am deeply Catholic but I respect your point of view about the church (many see it like you do).  The post was mostly lamenting the decline of faith...not attacking it.  Form is an entirely different topic to me.

Thanks for clarifying your position.

I think one of the big reasons why people are abandoning faith is because they are seeing so many hypocritical church leaders. Since church leaders or pastors or priests, whatever you want to call are not doing their job right, poor people are getting hurt and leaving faith altogether. People who leave are not any better either because they shouldn't rely on people for their faith but only onto God alone. However, the leaders do need to sort out their position more than anything. Their primary job is to teach people the Word of God. Once they put anything more important than that (money, power, politics, or even relationship), they are not obeying God. God does give their job description in both the OT and the NT and they should follow it.

Another reason people leave faith is because people are sinful. People have been sinful since Adam fell anyways and people always have been loving sin more than God. Even when Jesus was ministering in this earth, it seemed like many people were gathering in, but as soon as Jesus talked about commitment, most people left Him, cursed Him, and even killed Him. If it was decline of faith even when Jesus Himself was doing, how hard would it be for us? However, Jesus did promise that His disciples would do greater things than He did and it did happen when The Apostles preached the gospel as we can see in the Book of Acts, witnessing thousands of people being converted. Even in the midst of this sinful human nature, if you firmly believe Jesus is the Son of God, who came into the flesh, who died and rose again for us, the only way to salvation, then it's God who gave you that conviction so hold on to it to the very end as the most latter Books of the NT are teaching that very truth.

Offline Mety

• Thanks
  • -Given: 141
  • -Received: 166
« Reply #512 on: November 06, 2019, 02:19:33 PM »
i look forward to seeing my buddy eyephone at the pearly gates

If you really mean that, Amen, brethren.

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Related Links

Recent Posts