• Thanks
  • -Given: 339
  • -Received: 588
Re: God?
« Reply #345 on: July 10, 2019, 12:18:21 PM »
So that's why I'm a 99%er. :)

Define 99%er.

Someone who is not a 1%er. :)

I know you are kind of joking, but if you live and own a home in Irvine, you are for sure not a 99%er.

Not really. I forgot the number but to be in the 1% in the US you have to make much more than what we do.

I don't live in a $4m Irvine home... nor do I want to.

I'm not trying to be all accurate with numbers but trying to stay with the point. That is you're rich in many perspectives of this world, even of this country, and even of this county. You're not excused to say you're poor therefore you have no problem entering the Heaven.

Technically a person can be poor if they live in Irvine. (low income apartments)
Also, if they don’t save, spend like no other, house payment too much to handle. [the gain/equity is unrealized aka funny money until they sell]

I’m not passing any judgement.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 12:24:39 PM by eyephone »

Online irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2122
  • -Received: 3554
  • 3CWG
« Reply #346 on: July 10, 2019, 01:31:42 PM »

Define 99%er.

I know you are kind of joking, but if you live and own a home in Irvine, you are for sure not a 99%er.

Not really. I forgot the number but to be in the 1% in the US you have to make much more than what we do.

I'm not trying to be all accurate with numbers but trying to stay with the point. That is you're rich in many perspectives of this world, even of this country, and even of this county. You're not excused to say you're poor therefore you have no problem entering the Heaven.

I think you crossed some posts here.

I was responding to irvinecommuter's post:

In fact, God says that the richer your are...the more difficult it is for you to have a connection with God. 

So I was saying that's why I'm not rich... heh.

And I did not say that not being rich (or being poor) means automatic entry into heaven, not sure how you drew that conclusion.
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

Online eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #347 on: July 10, 2019, 01:42:51 PM »
I was respond to Mety’s post

Offline Mety

• Thanks
  • -Given: 126
  • -Received: 136
« Reply #348 on: July 10, 2019, 01:53:06 PM »

Define 99%er.

In fact, God says that the richer your are...the more difficult it is for you to have a connection with God. 

And I did not say that not being rich (or being poor) means automatic entry into heaven, not sure how you drew that conclusion.

Rich or not, you and God know your situation more than I do so I can't say any further. However, if you're a Irvine home (SFR) owner, you're probably wealthier than the majority of the folks in OC or even in this country. So from the perspective of common people, you're rich. If you say your're not, then you're what you say you are.

Being more difficult of having connection with God (as IC puts) or being rich so that you're farther away from God (as The Bible puts) are both hindrance into Heaven. The way you were saying you were 99%er was you're not rich so that you're kinda of safe. Well, if you didn't mean it that way, then I apologize, but that's why I said I knew you were sort of joking.  ;)

Online irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • 3CWG
« Reply #349 on: July 10, 2019, 01:55:15 PM »
Belly found God?

Seems like you are so firm that I'm YF/BTB. Believe however you want to believe. I gave plenty of answers and evidences that I'm not him. The choice is yours you make.

I don't think Mety is BTB. I only joked that Mety was his wife because Mety kept supporting BTB's posts/position.

BTB was notorious for his risque (to put it mildy) posts, and there has not been any post by Mety that remotely comes close to that.
I recommend:

Offline Mety

• Thanks
« Reply #350 on: July 10, 2019, 02:11:16 PM »
Belly found God?

Seems like you are so firm that I'm YF/BTB. Believe however you want to believe. I gave plenty of answers and evidences that I'm not him. The choice is yours you make.

I don't think Mety is BTB. I only joked that Mety was his wife because Mety kept supporting BTB's posts/position.

BTB was notorious for his risque (to put it mildy) posts, and there has not been any post by Mety that remotely comes close to that.

To be fair, I wasn't really supporting BTB. I only tried to clear any misunderstandings you guys had from him. I do that with others TI members also, but since most of you didn't get BTB most of the time, which resulted me to clarify a lot, it seemed like I was supporting him or some sort. I did agree with him many times, but also didn't fully agree with what he was saying on some topics. However, I do think TI is better with his presence.

Online eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #351 on: July 10, 2019, 02:12:26 PM »

Define 99%er.

Rich or not, you and God know your situation more than I do so I can't say any further. However, if you're a Irvine home (SFR) owner, you're probably wealthier than the majority of the folks in OC or even in this country. So from the perspective of common people, you're rich. If you say your're not, then you're what you say you are.

Being more difficult of having connection with God (as IC puts) or being rich so that you're farther away from God (as The Bible puts) are both hindrance into Heaven. The way you were saying you were 99%er was you're not rich so that you're kinda of safe. Well, if you didn't mean it that way, then I apologize, but that's why I said I knew you were sort of joking.  ;)

Not if you live in low housing apartments.

Offline Mety

• Thanks
« Reply #352 on: July 10, 2019, 02:13:46 PM »

Define 99%er.

Not if you live in low housing apartments.

You are correct and I had a friend who lived in a low income housing in Irvine.
But we were talking about IrvineHomeOwner.  ;D

Online irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • 3CWG
« Reply #353 on: July 10, 2019, 05:04:15 PM »

Define 99%er.

I see “rich” differently which is what I said many posts ago.

We work many hours a day to afford our home. Just like a family who has to work hard to rent in Irvine or live in a less expensive city.

If one or both of us didn’t have to work, that’s “rich” to me. And that’s what I mean, if I could work less and do more for others, that would be great (although the work I do I consider beneficial to my company and thus to my fellow employees).

Should I move to a less “rich” area like where I grew up? Get a different job where I work less? But we always want better for our family than what we had.

And my statement as a 99%er wasn’t meant to be a qualifier of salvation, it was more of a tongue in cheek verification that I’m not all about money (so not worried about MAXROI as I said in an earlier post).
I recommend:

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline fortune11

• Thanks
  • -Given: 193
  • -Received: 222
« Reply #354 on: July 10, 2019, 05:27:55 PM »
I have nothing of value to add to the “god” angle of this discussion but on the definition of “rich “ —

when your passive income is more than your run rate living expenses , that defines “rich”  in my view, regardless of what’s wealth level you are at .

This is why you will find seven figure income earners who are always feeling poor whereas someone who makes a lot less , but invests and spends wisely can feel rich and relatively free

Offline Panda

• "Live a life that will help others financially, spiritually, physically, and emotionally. Live a life that serves as an example of what an exceptional life could look like."
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 278
  • -Received: 372
    • www.realwealthmanagement.com
« Reply #355 on: July 15, 2019, 07:09:27 AM »
Thanks Mety,

We all have spiritual gifts. For example, you have a really amazing gift of sharing God's love with your words. I could never write like you do. For me, I like express myself through design and that is one of my spiritual gifts. Outside of work: real estate, finance, and business, I enjoy designing for God's Glory. I will upload some of my recent designs for your guys to see. It usually takes me about 30 minutes for each design.

Panda

@Panda,

I didn't know you were making these posters. Great job! Keep designing these. I'm sure your designs are being used for God's glory somehow.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 07:37:17 AM by Panda »
James Park, MBA
Investment Real Estate Broker
CalBRE# 01894781, NMLS License # 1572291
Direct: (678) 865-6250
Email: jpark@johnscreekrealtypartners.com

http://www.biggerpockets.com/users/Panda
http://www.johnscreekrealtypartners.com

Offline Panda

• "Live a life that will help others financially, spiritually, physically, and emotionally. Live a life that serves as an example of what an exceptional life could look like."
  • Thanks
« Reply #356 on: August 01, 2019, 10:36:07 AM »
My family moved the United States from South Korea when I was 4 years old so pretty much English is my native tongue. These are my two designs attempts using Korean Typography. Hope you guys like Panda's K-Designs. Panda is going to teach you guys Korean.

But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

Matthew 6:6

« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 12:34:05 PM by Panda »
James Park, MBA

Offline Panda

• Thanks
« Reply #357 on: August 01, 2019, 10:41:41 AM »
This was my first attempt designing with Korean Typography and I must say that Korean Typography is beautiful.

Translation by Panda:

What is the meaning of Love? Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.

1 Corinthians 13:4-8

« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 11:21:22 AM by Panda »
James Park, MBA

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]