Common sense or selfish criminal

irvinehusky

What do you think about the nurse that came back from West Africa that was being monitored for Ebola and ordered to stay in her house disobeying the order and going out?  Good for her, she's the one that's making sense?  Or, selfish person only caring about herself?
http://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/aid-worker-slams-quarantine-its-not-science-based

It does look like she will not come down with Ebola but should she have stayed away the full quarantine period, just to be sure?

This person mentioned that if health care workers that volunteer and go to West Africa were all forced to quarantine themselves for three weeks, that would discourage many of the volunteers.  My feeling is that although this will stop some volunteers, these people make so many sacrifices to volunteer and go to these places, I don't think a three week forced quarantine will stop too many of them.  What do you think?

So you volunteer to take care of people that have a deadly disease, but you won't "volunteer" to quarantine yourself so you don't expose a deadly disease to others?

Seems hypocritical.

Exactly.  I applaud her for going there but her follow through sucks.  In any case, I don't think she should have made her gripe so public.  She's coming across as a whiny, selfish person, regardless of the truth.  Who's going to hire her now?

irvinehomeowner said:
So you volunteer to take care of people that have a deadly disease, but you won't "volunteer" to quarantine yourself so you don't expose a deadly disease to others?

Seems hypocritical.

irvinehusky said:
What do you think about the nurse that came back from West Africa that was being monitored for Ebola and ordered to stay in her house disobeying the order and going out?  Good for her, she's the one that's making sense?  Or, selfish person only caring about herself?
http://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/aid-worker-slams-quarantine-its-not-science-based

It does look like she will not come down with Ebola but should she have stayed away the full quarantine period, just to be sure?

This person mentioned that if health care workers that volunteer and go to West Africa were all forced to quarantine themselves for three weeks, that would discourage many of the volunteers.  My feeling is that although this will stop some volunteers, these people make so many sacrifices to volunteer and go to these places, I don't think a three week forced quarantine will stop too many of them.  What do you think?

Not a criminal but definitely not thinking of the greater good.  It's basically the no-vaccine stance.

people are inherently selfish. in situations like this, where the public's general health is at risk, you cant allow/trust people to make decisions this critical on their own.  they should have armed guards at her house to enforce the quarantine.

qwerty said:
people are inherently selfish. in situations like this, where the public's general health is at risk, you cant allow/trust people to make decisions this critical on their own.  they should have armed guards at her house to enforce the quarantine.

you just earned my vote back as Mayor.

This person is hopefully not going to be gainfully employed in the near future, given her "me first" viewpoint. Would any business owner / hospital want to hire someone as self centered and ready to "lawyer up" as this tool? Infected or not isn't the issue. Neither is "personal freedom" but one of mimimal sacrifice for the greater good. Situational Awareness isn't one of her best traits given how tone deaf she is about this. I'm guessing that the NYC Doctor felt the same way - I know better so fark off.

Yes, it was noble to go to East Africa, but given her actions since, she's negated any good will I could infer upon her actions to date.

I think this nurse really blew it.  Instead of an attorney, she should have hired a publicist, looked congenial and acted humble, it would have opened some doors for her.  Why not use that 5 minutes of fame to your advantage? If it was me, I would have muttered through that space suit, with a sad puppy look...if only I can meet Jennifer Lawrence (hint, hint) before I die.  :p  It looks like she's not going to be suffering from Ebola so she had the best situation of all of them.  Look at how Nina Pham is portrayed and she even got to meet the President.  She'll get a heroine's welcome when she goes back, as she should.

10307219_872955912764539_2793759902402945982_n.jpg

Back