Home Organization Advice

lnc

For those who hate clutters might want to check out this book coming out this month The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing

Kissing Your Socks Goodbye
Home Organization Advice from Marie Kondo

Ms. Kondo?s decluttering theories are unique, and can be reduced to two basic tenets: Discard everything that does not ?spark joy,? after thanking the objects that are getting the heave-ho for their service; and do not buy organizing equipment ? your home already has all the storage you need.

10 tips to make you more tidy now
1 DO IT ALL AT ONCE, AND DO IT NOW
2 DISCARD FIRST, SORT AND TIDY LATER
3 START WITH THE EASY STUFF
4 PUT EVERYTHING IN EACH CATEGORY IN ONE PLACE FIRST
5 THROW AWAY EVERYTHING YOU DON?T LOVE
6 DITCH YOUR PAPERWORK
7 LET GO WITH LOVE (GIFTS AND KEEPSAKES)
8 DON?T BUY EXPENSIVE OR COMPLICATED STORAGE EQUIPMENT
9 LEARN HOW TO FOLD CLOTHES ? THEN STORE THEM ?STANDING UP?
10 TREAT YOUR POSSESSIONS LIKE PEOPLE

Does it cover what to do with 50 pairs of shoes? and a small jacket closet?

There is some good insight there!  I need to go to my garage and start throwing stuff or donating stuff!

Coleman said:
Does it cover what to do with 50 pairs of shoes?

Yes, the tips is "throw away everything you don't love". ;D

Sounds easy but it's kind of hard to do especially for woman.  Try to tell my wife to throw away some of her shoe collections is almost like asking her to give our kids away for adoption.

The author has a minimalist philosophy on her organization tips, lot of useful stuff but it may be difficult for some hoarders.

I 'declutter' (ie throw away) when I'm drunk.  Much easier to let go and increase efficiency.  That way when wife asks where things are I can honestly say 'I don't know'

Who has time to read.

Now the tidying up lady got her own show on Netflix and the show seems quite popular. 

Back