Election

yaliu07

Mayor: Choi vs Gaido
City Council: Lalloway + Schott vs Agran + Fox

Any thoughts and comments??

Personally: I dont like Agran and Fox b/c Irvine Veteran Cemetery.

Agran and his cronies have been hustling and doing a lot of grass root work. We ran into them twice during the morning drop off at Stonegate. Their pledge is to slow Irvine growth and probably thought Stonegate is a prime example of overcrowding. Slow Irvine growth? more like lining more money for their pocket.
Where did the 200 million dollar go for the Great Park?

Plus the disgusting election material that masks itself as Irvine community news. It is fake news and only promotes Larry and his cronies.

I'm not into politics and I don't like any of these candidates.  But I thought that initial edition of the Irvine Community News said that it would be fair and balanced?  Yeah, right.  ::)

The California Court Company said:
Plus the disgusting election material that masks itself as Irvine community news. It is fake news and only promotes Larry and his cronies.

Which list of candidates is more likely to:

- Move High School #5 off of toxic land
- Fix the traffic lights so they don't give long green lights to side roads with no vehicles waiting
- Stop waiving setback requirements and encourage less dense new home construction

They'll have my vote.

I read from other thread that people are complaining about over development.
1. what's wrong with over development?  With more house, I think there will be more shopping malls, restaurants, supermarkets and MORE TAX to the city. 
2. Assume Gaido/Agran won the election? Can they stop 10000 new house development in GP?

yaliu07 said:
1. what's wrong with over development?  With more house, I think there will be more shopping malls, restaurants, supermarkets and MORE TAX to the city. 
2. Assume Gaido/Agran won the election? Can they stop 10000 new house development in GP?

So we should build as many homes on as much land as possible as quickly as possible with no limits on anything?

yaliu07 said:

1)  The key phrase is "over."  Development is good...over development is not.  Irvine actually does a good job of mixing up commercial, residential, and parks/nature.  Go to Anaheim and you will see what overdevelopment looks like.   

2)  Agran was one that approved the 10,000 residential unit plan.

paperboyNC said:
yaliu07 said:

So we should build as many homes on as much land as possible as quickly as possible with no limits on anything?

I think you are against over development.  However, you didn't state your reason why you againist.

Irvinecommuter said:
yaliu07 said:

1)  The key phrase is "over."  Development is good...over development is not.  Irvine actually does a good job of mixing up commercial, residential, and parks/nature.  Go to Anaheim and you will see what overdevelopment looks like.   

1. How many new house is consider "development"?  How many new house is consider "over development"?  For the 10000 new house in GP and new PP, Irvine add 680+ acre of sports park.

2. Thanks for the info.  I dont like Agran either.  He approved the plan and now he is against...

yaliu07 said:
I think you are against over development.  However, you didn't state your reason why you againist.

I'd prefer that new developments have larger setbacks between homes. It's basic supply and demand. If the city followed their own rules and didn't offer setback waivers there would be a lot more supply of homes with normal setbacks which would lower the price of such homes. Orchard Hills North was approved with 3ft side setbacks! We have enough land here in Irvine to space out homes a little more rather than cramming them in to line the developers pockets and raise more in property taxes.

Also - what happened to the retail center and community park at Portola Springs? They built houses on the community park land and are building the school on the retail center land. I assume they'll just build more houses on the previously designated school site. This means more $$ for TIC and robbery of land from the homeowners like myself. Our elected officials should be beholden to the voters, not TIC.

yaliu07 said:
Irvinecommuter said:
yaliu07 said:

1. How many new house is consider "development"?  How many new house is consider "over development"?  For the 10000 new house in GP and new PP, Irvine add 680+ acre of sports park.

2. Thanks for the info.  I dont like Agran either.  He approved the plan and now he is against...

TBF...the 10,000 unit thing was the result of the state taking back local redevelopment money ($2 billion IIRC).  They had to open it up to residential development because of that. 

Of course, the Irvine city council did screw up the planning even before that. 

I'm just thinking: how many people on TI will vote? I'm leaning towards not a lot.

Due to: don't want to miss work (even though by law your employer should give you time to vote), not eligible (on visa, illegal), don't care (don't bother me/I have other things to do)

eyephone said:
I'm just thinking: how many people on TI will vote? I'm leaning towards not a lot.

Due to: don't want to miss work (even though by law your employer should give you time to vote), not eligible (on visa, illegal), don't care (don't bother me/I have other things to do)

No excuse not to vote considering you can vote by mail at your leisure.

Back