Party supply rentals + helium tank

ZeroLot

Does anyone know a good reputable place that can rent a few tables, chairs, and helium tank?

Primarily the helium tank is something we definitely need.

---

Also if you know a good catering company please let me know too.  Thank you.

I think Party City rents out helium tanks.

As for table/chair rentals, we've used Atlas Party Rentals.

As for catering, what type of food? And uh.... where's the TI invitations?

irvinehomeowner said:
I think Party City rents out helium tanks.

As for table/chair rentals, we've used Atlas Party Rentals.

As for catering, what type of food?

Something with meat.  I would go with Woodfire Ranch again but they're meat was a bit on the peppery side for the kids.  Also they don't deliver from their Irvine store.

irvinehomeowner said:
And uh.... where's the TI invitations?

What WTTCMN said.  8)  And she's always right.

WTTCMN said:
ZL: it'll be me+2. Oh and irvine dream will prob be there lurking so might as well have food for him too. Can't wait!

Done!  Table reserved for WTTCMN+2 + lurker.

Now if that IHO can get back with me about WHERE I should be ordering the food from.

ZeroLot said:
WTTCMN said:
ZL: it'll be me+2. Oh and irvine dream will prob be there lurking so might as well have food for him too. Can't wait!

Now if that IHO can get back with me about WHERE I should be ordering the food from.

I have always rented from Saddleback Rental 3222 E Chapman Ave, Orange, CA. They are open on Sundays and hence for Saturday parties it is perfect to return stuff on Sunday and go to work (mean to read TI) on Monday.

By the way I see recent WTF North Park Listings have gone pending.  So I am going to change my name to "Tustin Dream" and hope Standard Pacific will let me have one of their houses for a reasonable price.  Should I then start stalking "Qwerty"?  It is your loss "Bones"

irvinehomeowner said:
Go Hawaiian!

Da Luau is right down the street!

I told Mr. Z that Hawaiian is the way to go ... he said no.    :mad:

I had to car-nap everyone and forced the whole family to Albertson's just to convince Mr. Z that their cakes are better than JJ Bakery ... decoration + price.  Tastes wise their both equal.  But $40 compared to $120 for a half sheet cake with identical decorations ... $40 wins.

Welcome to my life.

WTT just likes to disagree with me. :)

I assume you are looking for delivery which might limit your options.

Maybe Mexican with qwerter's favorite SuperMex? Just went to a party with Mexican (from where I have no idea) but it was a nice change of pace from the usual Austrian food I get at parties.

Irvine Dream said:
ZeroLot said:
WTTCMN said:

I have always rented from Saddleback Rental 3222 E Chapman Ave, Orange, CA. They are open on Sundays and hence for Saturday parties it is perfect to return stuff on Sunday and go to work (mean to read TI) on Monday.

By the way I see recent WTF North Park Listings have gone pending.  So I am going to change my name to "Tustin Dream" and hope Standard Pacific will let me have one of their houses for a reasonable price.  Should I then start stalking "Qwerty"?  It is your loss "Bones"

i am currently not accepting any stalkers, i have a wait list.  although slip me a $100 and i may move your application to the front of the line.

ZeroLot said:

Wherever you go, order early due to the helium shortage and brace yourself for a price hike.

It was more than a few years ago but yes they were out of helium then as well.  I think instead of a rental we had to buy a small tank.  I don't think we will be doing balloons anymore, fortunately.

SoCal said:
ZeroLot said:

Wherever you go, order early due to the helium shortage and brace yourself for a price hike.

Thanks guys for the tip.  I've decided to suck it up and just buy a few of those small helium tanks from Walmart. I'll use the hi float solution to make the balloons last longer.  Hopefully that will help.

I did get a balloon artist too to help with the balloon situation. Hoping that will take care of all our balloon needs.

Now... On to the menu and table rentals.

Anyone ever tried Boston Market catering? 

Last year we did the Albertsons cake and La Serena catering. We had to send someone to pick up the food but it worked out pretty well. This year we tried the Ralphs sheet cake and it was just as delicious and moist as the Albertsons one. People kept asking where we got the cake and when we said Ralphs, they couldn't believe it. Paid less than $40 for a half sheet white cake with fresh strawberry filling and a kid design.

Back